City of Midwest City Fire Department?

Status
Not open for further replies.

plaws

Premium Subscriber
Here's what the DB has:

158.98500 153.77000 WPFX639 RM 123.0 PL Ch 1 Midwest City Fire Department -- Dispatch FM

154.20500 155.14500 WQD403 RM 123.0 PL Ch 2 Midwest City Fire Department -- Fire/Ground FM

I'm in Norman, so I probably can't hear any true fireground traffic. However, I DO hear dispatch and operational traffic ... on 154.2050. In fact, their radio test is about 0715 on Sunday morning. They dispatch with tone bursts instead of the usual two-tone.

I hear occasional traffic on 158.985, with the 123.0 tone, but I've never been able to ID it.

So does the listing need to be updated?

woodyrr

The database is essentially correct.

Presently, Channel 1, 159.985 is experiencing repeater troubles and about the only thing that one will hear right now is skip from Commanche County.

Channel 2, 154.205 carries the digital chirps that alert the stations as well as the DTMF tones for the electronic outdoor warning siren system. I also believe that some of the digital chirps are unit status messages

Fireground traffic is normally carried on channel 1 unless more than one incident is in progress and then one of the incidents is sent to channel 2.

The station and apparatus radios are tested every morning at 0715.

When functional, both channels, of course, are repeaters and are able to be heard in Norman. Your mileage may vary, of course.

Last edited:
P

PolarBear25

woodyrr said:
The database is essentially correct.

Presently, Channel 1, 159.985 is experiencing repeater troubles and about the only thing that one will hear right now is skip from Commanche County.

Channel 2, 154.205 carries the Fireground traffic is normally carried on channel 1 unless more than one incident is in progress and then one of the incidents is sent to channel 2.

When functional, both channels, of course, are repeaters and are able to be heard in Norman. Your mileage may vary, of course.

digital chirps that alert the stations as well as the DTMF tones for the electronic outdoor warning siren system. I also believe that some of the digital chirps are unit status messages

Fireground traffic is normally carried on channel 1 unless more than one incident is in progress and then one of the incidents is sent to channel 2.

When functional, both channels, of course, are repeaters and are able to be heard in Norman. Your mileage may vary, of course.[/QUOTE]

All Correct but Channel 1 is 158.985 not 159.985..

digital chirps that alert the stations as well as the DTMF tones for the electronic outdoor warning siren system. I also believe that some of the digital chirps are unit status messages

I also believe that some of the digital chirps are unit status messages..

They are not.. all Fire apparatus have MCT's for that..

If you have the Site #8 in your 800Mhz Radio (scanner) then starting around next month you will be able to hear M.C.F.D. on that System..

Hope this helps..

woodyrr

PolarBear25 said:
All Correct but Channel 1 is 158.985 not 159.985..
Oops.

PolarBear25 said:
I also believe that some of the digital chirps are unit status messages..

They are not.. all Fire apparatus have MCT's for that..
What do all of the "post dispatch" digital chirps do?

KX5MOT

I don't think the post-dispatch chirps would be closing the doors that quick, because normally you hear the post-chirps immediatly after the call is dispatched, BEFORE the engine's say they are en route over the air. So my guess is the pre-dispatch chirps alert the station and then once the dispatch is complete, they send the chirps to open the doors. By that time they should be ready to roll. Just my two pennies.

P

PolarBear25

KX5MOT said:
I don't think the post-dispatch chirps would be closing the doors that quick, because normally you hear the post-chirps immediatly after the call is dispatched, BEFORE the engine's say they are en route over the air. So my guess is the pre-dispatch chirps alert the station and then once the dispatch is complete, they send the chirps to open the doors. By that time they should be ready to roll. Just my two pennies.

Your right.. sorry I meant to say open, Also it Turns off the Speakers in the station..

Last edited:
P

PolarBear25

M.C.F.D. Info

Channel 1 (158.985) Is 10-7 Permanently Channel 2 (154.205) will be the only Dispatch Channel for M.C.F.D. until they go to D.P.S. 800 Mhz T.R.S. Also the post dispatch digital chirps are Station 1 and Station 5 Clearing the call.. and then closeing the Bay doors after the apparatus goes in route.. from station 1 and or 5..

Last edited:

freqscout

158.985 is also only 15kc off from the Hefner OCPD repeater being at 158.97 which causes intereference on my scanner when listening to MWC FD. Of course I am only about a mile from the TX site.

Last edited:
P

PolarBear25

freqscout said:
158.985 is also only 15kc off from the Hefner OCPD repeater being at 158.97 which causes intereference on my scanner when listening to MWC FD. Of course I am only about a mile from the TX site.

For Hefner?? or M.C.F.D.

WX5JCH

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
I hear them test about every morning from work here in Elk, the have the same freq and pl tone as our fd channel 2.

Jim

P

PolarBear25

skywatch said:
I hear them test about every morning from work here in Elk, the have the same freq and pl tone as our fd channel 2.

Jim

Where is Elk?? Elk City??

woodyrr

Back on Channel 1!

-bump-

For the first time in a month or so, I heard MCFD operating on channel 1 (158.985) this morning. During the radio checks half of the units were responding on channel 1 and the other half were on channel 2 until the dispatcher reminded them that Channel 1 is primary.

I’ll bet that they are glad to be able to operate away from that incessant digital chirping on channel 2. The CW ID on 1 is interesting, though.

P

PolarBear25

woodyrr said:
-bump-

For the first time in a month or so, I heard MCFD operating on channel 1 (158.985) this morning. During the radio checks half of the units were responding on channel 1 and the other half were on channel 2 until the dispatcher reminded them that Channel 1 is primary.

I’ll bet that they are glad to be able to operate away from that incessant digital chirping on channel 2. The CW ID on 1 is interesting, though.

Yep since Midwest city is slow to go to 800 Mhz They made the call to get a new Repeater for M.C.F.D. 1, Kinda weird 5 beeps over and over again..

dstew67

This 5-beep series of tones is odd. I've never heard anything like it. It's not DTMF...it's not an ID...it's not an MDC ID. It's just a single-tone, 5-beep series which repeats about 13 or 14 times. The beeps do seems to be about the same pitch as a repeater ID, but it's not morse code.

For a typical a dispatch, you get the data bursts first. Then you get the initial verbal dispatch. You then get another series of data bursts, you get an ellaboration of the dispatch, and finally the 5-beep series.

Anyone else ever hear anything like it?

By the way...you'll hear the data bursts on .205 (CH 2), but not on .985 (CH 1). You'll hear the 5-beep tones on .985 (CH 1), but not on .205 (CH 2).

woodyrr

As usual, I'm likely out in left field but Since it acts like an ID, I suspect that they're still working on it and someone has the repeater set to ID, but hasn't got around to entering the license information so that it knows what to do. I suspect that the series of sixteen five beep groups are a placeholder for the actual CW ID. When it comes time to ID, the repeater doesn't know anything else to do.

If someone else has a better explanation, I'm open for sure.

woodyrr

Something Else Different

Something else that I noticed which I don't remember hearing before is that before a dispatch to a residential fire alarm, I heard a two tone sequential page on Channel 1. I think it might have been to alert 206 which might be a fire inspector (who was included in the original dispatch) that a working residential fire alarm was about to be broadcast - or the fire chief, perhaps. I'm a bit fuzzy, but I don't remember hearing a two tone page since they replaced the old outdoor warning sirens a few years ago, and those were on channel 2. I can't say that I've ever heard a two tone page on 1 until this evening.

While i'm on the subject, outside of the tornado disaster, I can't remember a time when Midwest City had four active fire responses simultaneously - but they do right now!

Last edited:
P

PolarBear25

woodyrr said:
Something else that I noticed which I don't remember hearing before is that before a dispatch to a residential fire alarm, I heard a two tone sequential page on Channel 1. I think it might have been to alert 206 which might be a fire inspector (who was included in the original dispatch) that a working residential fire alarm was about to be broadcast - or the fire chief, perhaps. I'm a bit fuzzy, but I don't remember hearing a two tone page since they replaced the old outdoor warning sirens a few years ago, and those were on channel 2. I can't say that I've ever heard a two tone page on 1 until this evening.

While i'm on the subject, outside of the tornado disaster, I can't remember a time when Midwest City had four active fire responses simultaneously - but they do right now!

206 is a Back up for 203 S.S.

Status
Not open for further replies.