City of Midwest City Fire Department?

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

PolarBear25

woodyrr said:
As usual, I'm likely out in left field but Since it acts like an ID, I suspect that they're still working on it and someone has the repeater set to ID, but hasn't got around to entering the license information so that it knows what to do. I suspect that the series of sixteen five beep groups are a placeholder for the actual CW ID. When it comes time to ID, the repeater doesn't know anything else to do.

If someone else has a better explanation, I'm open for sure.

Right on..

plaws

Premium Subscriber
d_stew said:
This 5-beep series of tones is odd. I've never heard anything like it. It's not DTMF...it's not an ID...it's not an MDC ID. It's just a single-tone, 5-beep series which repeats about 13 or 14 times. The beeps do seems to be about the same pitch as a repeater ID, but it's not morse code.

It certainly is Morse. Let me decode it for you: 00000000. :roll: It's surely an unprogrammed CWID.

I'm assuming it's 8 characters, though I haven't counted - that's the longest a callsign can be, AFAIK.

plaws

Premium Subscriber
Whoops!

plaws said:
It certainly is Morse. Let me decode it for you: 00000000. :roll: It's surely an unprogrammed CWID.

I'm assuming it's 8 characters, though I haven't counted - that's the longest a callsign can be, AFAIK.

I sit corrected. The accurate transcription is 0000000000000000, and not 00000000.

The managment sincerely apologizes for any inconvenience that may have occured.

dstew67

plaws said:
I sit corrected. The accurate transcription is 0000000000000000, and not 00000000.

The managment sincerely apologizes for any inconvenience that may have occured.

It's certainly the same pitch as a CWID tone...haven't listen in the last couple days. Wonder if they realize they need to program it, if that's the case. To be legal, they either need to program it, or have their dispatchers ID

Status
Not open for further replies.