Clarification on DMR Tier 3/Capacity Max submissions

Status
Not open for further replies.

mwjones

Premium Subscriber
I'm on the road this week, and decided to use a bit of downtime at my holiday destination to research a system that's in the process of being built out by a utility company in Kansas and Missouri as part of the nationwide 900MHz rebanding (the system in question is Evergy Kansas Central).

As I look at the data already submitted to RRDB, it generated a few questions before I start submitting additional data for the system.
  1. The system shows up on DSDPlus as a Tier 3/Motorola, but the RRDB page shows "Tier 3 Standard", would I be correct in submitting the change to reflect as "Tier 3 Capacity Max"? (I had a similar situation recently where I tried to report a correction to EnLink Midstream as being a NXDN NEXEDGE 9600 at least twice but it was never updated).
  2. The sites I was able to verify do not have a valid FCC license yet, is that why each of the site names in RRDB reflect a (*) after the name? (The additional sites that I have identified are in the same situation, as the rebanding has the FCC delaying some of the licenses).
  3. When I look at the sites already existing in the RRDB, the Channel ID's appear to be the Uniden LCN's and not the LSN's. I've corrected them to LSN with the frequency calculator and validated they're working properly in DSDPlus, but I wanted to confirm they should be LSN's before I submit that change for all the sites.
  4. Because Capacity Max systems publish LSN's with their neighbor lists, I was able to see a number of sites that have not been identified, but the control channel frequency is known, would it be proper to submit those sites/frequencies to RRDB with a Generic "Site [Site Number]" for the name, at least giving other users a verified reference point to work from?
Thanks for any insight and answers you can provide.

sonm10

Central MN Monitor
Premium Subscriber
3. Correct. Channel numbers for TIII are lsn.
4. No. All info in the database has to be verified. Info from the neighbors lists are nice but not verifiable. The exception would be LSN for the CC. TIII systems do not broadcast channel number for the control channel. You can use neighbor list from neighboring sites to identify LSN for the CC. Actual sites have to be monitored to verify their existence.

Status
Not open for further replies.