Clay Co.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJ11DLN

Something going on over there this afternoon. I've been unable to devote 100% attention to it (pesky work) but they seem to be trying to get LE to most of the schools, and it seems to be an outgrowth of something earlier where they were looking for a vehicle with firearms aboard. They're even taking Town Marshals out of their burgs to help cover. Will post back if I get more info.

EDIT: Some idiot had made threats against several area schools in Clay and Vigo Co.'s, and also against a Vigo Co. Deputy Sheriff. They located him just inside of western Owen Co. and took him into custody, apparently without incident. Several Clay and Vigo schools were on lockdown over this. I imagine a lot of parents are breathing much easier about now.

Last edited:

DJ11DLN

Did not see anything on this on WTHI CBS 10 or WTWO NBC 2.

It was covered:

CLAY COUNTY, Ind. (WTHI) – Both Vigo County and Clay County school corporations were placed on lockdown Tuesday afternoon as a precaution while officials were searching for a suspect.
Clay, Vigo schools placed on alert while officials searched for suspect | WTHITV.com

Clay Community Schools were on a "soft lockdown" Tuesday afternoon and Vigo County schools on heightened alert, while police searched for a man.
UPDATE: Schools on Alert Tuesday, Man in Custody - MyWabashValley.com

:wink:

DJ11DLN

I searched both web sites and saw nothing. When did this take place? Date, and Time.

Last Tuesday, 02/10/15. I first started hearing it around 12:30 PM; I wasn't around a scanner for several hours prior to that. It was reported on the 5:00/6:00 PM reports on both channels and also the late news and for the next couple of days...they tend to milk things like that. AFAIK the subject hasn't yet been charged with anything, he did not have a firearm and did not resist. He was taken to a facility for mental evaluation, so I don't know how it's going to play out. Maybe he was just badly depressed and made some unwise comments to some people and/or on his FB or Twitter or whatever.

To be fair about it, I paged back through their news articles to find the story links. Some of the worst site search functions I've ever encountered were on TV news sites.:roll:

Your location shows Indy; do you get WTHI OTA? I'm barely 30 miles from their tower and the best I get is around 50% from an amplified omni up 30'. I get ION 63/Bloomington and WICD 15/Champaign IL more reliably, usually 85-90%, and can often get several of the Indy channels after sunset. If you're getting it OTA, I'd love to know what you use for an antenna and how high it is.

W9NES

I am on cable and the Terre Haute Market is not provided in the Indianapolis area. The only way I have to see stories is on CBS 10 WTHI or WTWO NBC 2's web sites. Thanks for posting the links on the stories as I missed them.

Status
Not open for further replies.