Clay County, FL

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
I have recently begun using a Uniden BCD396XT. Once I understood how to program the little thing I have enjoyed it. I am fascinated by how it works. I have been a conventional scanner user for 25+ years. I live in Jacksonville so it has been very active.

Concerning Clay County Public Safety's LTR Multinet System I had a clever idea this morning to program all the frequencies into a group called Clay County and place it on ID Search thinking it would detect talk-groups and at least determine their numbers....... turns out it's not such a clever endeavor. I know the scanner has to be programmed with the frequencies in their proper sequential order. Unfortunately the order information is not available. Which leads me to my next thought.

I noticed elsewhere on this site someone with RR mentioning they had reached out to a particular agency for the express purpose of obtaining radio system information. I don't recall who the agency was or who did the reaching. But I was curious if anyone has attempted to ascertain the proper sequence of frequencies and the talk-group ID's for Clay County Public Safety?

Thanks,
James

Bolt21

Spark Chariot Driver
James, there is no scanner on the market that will properly track an LTR Multinet system. Standard LTR, yes - Multinet, no. Your best chance of monitoring Clay is to put the freqs in a conventional system with no delay and hit scan until you hear the particular conversation you're interested in.

SCPD

QRT
Well that's what I've been doing so I will continue. At least they simulcast over 154.205. Nevertheless, it is alleged they will be going digital at some point according to the information on their database page. I can only hope they will convert to a different brand of radio. Yet it seems like such a waste of taxpayer money. What is wrong with the system they have in place?

Bolt21

Spark Chariot Driver
I read somewhere that LTR systems are not particularly well-suited for public safety use, whatever that means...

I interpret that to mean that LTR systems are unreliable.

Hopefully they will go digital in the near future. Your 396XT will then be put to excellent use (not that it already isn't) ;-)

Last edited:

gcr33

Don't use the talkgroup assignments. Joe Cardani in the Metro Phil/So. Jersey area has a program for LTR Multi Net but he did not seem all that confident about it working on Clay Co.'s system.
Clay needs to upgrade and get away from the non public safety compliant system they are using.

SCPD

QRT
I hope they do make a switch.. However, if their current radio system is indicative of their philosophy (difficulty of scanner reception) it is possible their next choice will include encryption. Soooo... Change ISN'T always a good thing.

kg4ojj

Premium Subscriber
With no inside info, I'd bet that Clay Sheriff will be encrypted.......on whatever type system (P25 Motorola sounds good to me) they go to.

SCPD

QRT
I just hope they don't encrypt the FD. However, if they do but still simulcast over 154.205 then it isn't so bad. They just don't simulcast the tact channel or so it seems. I can live with some Clay rather than no Clay.

khvfdff

From my sources... Clay County will be going digital but will be staying on the current system they are on now... As far as encryption is concerned, from what i have understood is that none of the channels will be encrypted like they arent now except vice, swat, and narc and maybe a few others we don't know about.. I will not reveal who my sources are or give out any information concerning my sources.. so yes, clay county will be staying on a ltr multinet but digitized eventually.. i have no information as to when this will happen but you should still be able to monitor the frequencies once they all go digital... the only thinks that will remain analog until further notice are the vhf back up system for Clay County Fire Rescue. so i hope this does help anyone in the clay county area that monitors their frequencies... also eventually fire-rescue and probably all leo will be on the computers for calls when they are in the trucks, so you may not always hear them go responding (10-51), etc.... the ccso has switched over about 5 years ago to the computers. it is not to hide anything, some of it is to help the dispatchers when the centers get quite active and cannot give out certain or any information over the radios.. again i hope this helps anyone any other questions please just PM me.

gcr33

Sorry, but I do not know of a manufacturer who makes a digital multi net LTR radio. If I am wrong please let me know who.

Since they have to replace all of the subscriber units if they go digital in any form why would they stay on that non public safety format?

If they talk to the Bold New City of the South Jacksonville perhaps they could smart zone off the current system there. Only a need for a small fork lift upgrade.

khvfdff

well from my sources there is a new P25 format for LTR multinet... Clay County will be going to that format in the next couple of years if not sooner... yes LTR multinet systems can be used for public safety or anything... i have also seen public safety systems even on LTR standard one example is sevier county tennessee. they were supposed to be a full passport system but never got the upgrades. the radios they use are ascension or something that is P25 compliant (clay county).

radiomanNJ1

P-25 is not LTR Multi Net. If you are asking some deputy or fire fighter they will generally not have a clue. P-25 systems are the way to go today. Harris and Motorola both are upgrading where possible to them. Johnson does make a P-25 I believe.

khvfdff

P-25 is not LTR Multi Net. If you are asking some deputy or fire fighter they will generally not have a clue. P-25 systems are the way to go today. Harris and Motorola both are upgrading where possible to them. Johnson does make a P-25 I believe.

I have talked with the county radio technician... He told me that it would be a LTR digital radio system something similar to a motorola p25 system.. he works closely with EF Johnson, so he would know and therefore would be able to tell what he knows.. please lets also not beat this thing to a dead horse.. im just telling you what i know.

SCPD

QRT
I wonder why some departments feels its the right thing to do and others.... not so much?

radiomanNJ1

And this radio tech. is giving you the updated information because? No LTR P-25 that I have ever seen or seen advertised. It's still all new subscriber units and new base stations. Why stay with a system this is not a public safety system? P-25 I would believe and they can buy Harris or Motorola or EFJ.

Status
Not open for further replies.