BCD396XT/BCD996XT: Clicking Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

drayd48

I am having an issue with my scanner. During the scanning, it will sit there and clicking noise about every second while scanning. It only happens during the scanning. I had hoped to hook this scanner to my feed, but if it continues to keep clicking, I will be unable to hook it up. Thanks

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
Any chance you have some kind of priority going on? Something like a priority channel or weather priority.

If your squelch is "just so" while it tests whatever is priority, it could be making a squelch noise.

Having said that priority things don't happen every second, rather every couple of seconds, it is is regular.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
You have some priority thing turned on. Either a priority channel, weather alert scan, or close call. Turn all those off and the problem will go away.

drayd48

There is only 1 system in the scanner. Priority and wx priority are not on. It does it about every .9 - 1 second.

drayd48

It only does it if I have signal. If I unhook the antenna, it stops.

Also when it does it, the RSSI bars go away for that brief second. The RSSI bars basically flash.

kma371

QRT
is it possible to read your scanner via the FreeScan software and post the file here? this way we can look at your settings and make sure it's nothing something else.

drayd48

is it possible to read your scanner via the FreeScan software and post the file here? this way we can look at your settings and make sure it's nothing something else.

Ok standby. Let me do that

ecps92

IS this ONLY on One Frequency ? If so what is that ?

I am having an issue with my scanner. During the scanning, it will sit there and clicking noise about every second while scanning. It only happens during the scanning. I had hoped to hook this scanner to my feed, but if it continues to keep clicking, I will be unable to hook it up. Thanks

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
If it goes away with antenna removal, I'd be thinking about some kind of interference. Can you try taking your scanner elsewhere to see whether the issue continues?

drayd48

If it goes away with antenna removal, I'd be thinking about some kind of interference. Can you try taking your scanner elsewhere to see whether the issue continues?

Yes. I have tried it with 3 different antennas at 3 complete different places.

ecps92

OK, so what Talk-Group is this appearing on ?

You might not have the Radio configured correctly to Scan the TRS, have you double checked those seetings ?
I am only scanning 1 system. It is a P25 9600 system with 15 channels.

drayd48

OK, so what Talk-Group is this appearing on ?

You might not have the Radio configured correctly to Scan the TRS, have you double checked those seetings ?

It does it only when I am scanning. I have the settings listed on the PDF posted above but it scans a TRS just fine. Also just figured out that when scanning multiple systems, it also clicks when it changes systems. But it also just does it when scanning one system.

kma371

QRT
Zip the actual config file for the radio and post so we can look at the systems.

Status
Not open for further replies.