CME?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KB4MSZ

Billy
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Mar 12, 2018
Messages
1,055
Reaction score
1,374
Location
Tampa, Florida
I thought this weekend's CME was going to disrupt upper HF? This is the best I have seen 12 meter WWV in a VERY long time.
1635701144250.png
 

jwt873

Member
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Dec 1, 2015
Messages
1,777
Reaction score
1,043
Location
Woodlands, Manitoba
The CME was a bust... They predicted a K index as high as 7 and it was supposed to last over the 30th and 31st of Oct.. But it didn't. Planetary K-index | NOAA / NWS Space Weather Prediction Center

Like you I didn't see that much affect on the bands.. 80 meters was just fine this morning and the 12 meter amateur band was open to Europe and Africa just a little while ago.
 

popnokick

Member
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Mar 21, 2004
Messages
2,988
Reaction score
869
Location
Northeast PA
I just made the best run of 12M FT8 QSOs I’ve had in months. Seems the monster CME was an enhancement, not disruption. Even during the height of it yesterday HF bands were fine. Maybe didn’t hit Earth? Any aurora borealis reports?
 

KB4MSZ

Billy
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Mar 12, 2018
Messages
1,055
Reaction score
1,374
Location
Tampa, Florida
12 meter WWV is still very strong here, but here is a screen shot of 15 meter WWV. No where near as strong as 12 meters. The MUF must be in a very narrow range, at least for me here in Florida.
1635706628710.png
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top