Coast Guard

Status
Not open for further replies.

robocop80

I currently live in North Brunswick NJ and I really only monitor local PD/FD and some EMS. I would like to start listening to Coast Guard and military. Can I pick these transmissions up from North Brunswick and do I have the right equipment? (Uniden BCT-15) Can someone give me some good freq to monitor? I know how to use the database and I have learned a great deal from all of you that is why I am requesting this info. I don't want people to think I am lazy and wont do the research because I will and I do enjoy researching myself but I am looking for some good freqs that people may be monitoring now.

Thanks

jaymatt1978

The marine frequencies are preprogrammed into the BCT-15 all you need to do is unlock the preprogrammed group for the marine frequencies. You have to push t he functionk key and turn the knob until you find the marine service search and unlock the group. It's a lot easier than programming all t he marine frequencies in manually.

robocop80

are the preprogrammed stations good to listen too. Most of the time all I pick up is static. Any tricks on this?

fineshot1

You have not mentioned what you are using as an antenna. You are not close to the shore area and the marine freqs are in the vhf-hi band so your probably gonna need an outside vhf antenna.

robocop80

Oh okay that solves that problem. I don't have an outside antenna so I dont think I can hear from my house. Thanks for helping a newbie.

Status
Not open for further replies.