Coinbase

Status
Not open for further replies.

TeamCharlielol

Premium Subscriber
So i made payment with coinbase an it has yet to be posted to my account, is there a wait time ?

trentbob

W3BUX- Bucks County, PA
Premium Subscriber
Yes, if coinbase suspects there is fraud or can't confirm the account they will hold payment and that's the official version but we know better don't we? After all this is cryptocurrency.

You can cancel any time during this waiting period. However you can also ask for an accelerated payment while you provide photo ID and double confirmation of your identity... Let's make sure the government has everything they need on your crypto-currency account LOL.

The Unofficial reason that you won't see on the internet or the news is it's so erratic they're waiting for the right price to come along... Your finances are your own business but... the next chance you get on a big rise like we had before it sht the bed I would dump this garbage as fast as you can LOL.

With a drastically inverted yield curve and the difference between the prime rate and the real rate people have no idea what's coming... I think I'd rather have the cash than the coin. Even if they are both worthless. :LOL:

trentbob

W3BUX- Bucks County, PA
Premium Subscriber
If everything is verified then the purchase should go through. You asked if there could be a delay and I was referring to when they don't let your purchase go through because they cannot confirm the account or suspect that there's fraud somewhere in the process, not necessarily on your end. In that case since it hasn't gone through, it could be cancelled.

If there is a hold up in a purchase you can request an accelerated payment where you would have to provide extra information for security purposes. I'm not implying that you're not verified or that you've done anything wrong, this is on their end and according to them.

Best thing for you of course is call customer service 888 908 7930.

As I say your finances are your business and my opinion is irrelevant, the debate about cryptocurrency will go on forever amongst the experts. Debate has become particularly contentious because of the tremendous fall in the price from its all-time high in November, as you know Bitcoin dropped drastically through January, briefly losing 50% of its value and then settling down at a much lesser value than its all-time high. If you bought it for $300 a coin way back, then you're doing great. Over half of cryptocurrency investors bought in 2021, many people have been hurt.

Good luck to you!, I hope everything goes through smoothly.

TeamCharlielol

Premium Subscriber
well i ended up just using my card , but i still dont under stand what the hold up is. it has yet to be posted to my account

Status
Not open for further replies.