Columbus Fire Feed

Status
Not open for further replies.

mmartinfan

Banned
Well good news on the MAC front. I was able to get Windows installed on it. So far after some testing this week it is 100% reliable. When I get back from Rhode Island Monday I will have the feed set back up shortly afterwards.

Nice double post BTW.

wa8pyr

Technischer Guru
Staff member
Lead Database Admin
mmartinfan said:
Well good news on the MAC front. I was able to get Windows installed on it.

Quitter. Going back to that sorry excuse for an OS.... :)

So far after some testing this week it is 100% reliable.

Of course. It's running on a Mac, with far better hardware standards and tolerances than your run of the mill Windoze machine...

:)

Tom

19TbirdSC91

mmartinfan said:
Well good news on the MAC front. I was able to get Windows installed on it. So far after some testing this week it is 100% reliable. When I get back from Rhode Island Monday I will have the feed set back up shortly afterwards.

Nice double post BTW.

sorry about the double post thing, my computer is acting kind of weird right now...

and thanks for working on getting that feed back up, i appreciate it a lot.

mmartinfan

Banned
wa8pyr said:
Quitter. Going back to that sorry excuse for an OS.... :)

Of course. It's running on a Mac, with far better hardware standards and tolerances than your run of the mill Windoze machine...

:)

Tom

Mac yes sorry excuse for a OS. :p

wa8pyr

Technischer Guru
Staff member
Lead Database Admin
mmartinfan said:
Mac yes sorry excuse for a OS. :p

Mac yes, Windows is a sorry excuse for an OS.... :)

19TbirdSC91

i will agree that mac hardware is pretty impressive, and mac software MAY be nice and even better than MS, BUT there is way more available for MS, making it better to have.

wa8pyr

Technischer Guru
Staff member
Lead Database Admin
19TbirdSC91 said:
i will agree that mac hardware is pretty impressive, and mac software MAY be nice and even better than MS, BUT there is way more available for MS, making it better to have.

And with the new Intel-based Macs, Windows can be run using Parallels (virtual PC program) so that the Windows programs you must have can be run, and other work done in Mac simply by minimizing Parallels. I've been running Win96, ARC396, ARC246 and ARC250 this way and have found them to run flawlessly.

You can also boot the Intel Mac into Windows with Boot Camp; however, I've found that WinXP runs better under Parallels than by itself. Go figure.....

Sure wish Micro$oft would go with a Windoze GUI over top of Unix; it would make for a far more stable, secure and reliable OS. I recently saw the prices for Vista; made me glad I switched to Mac!!

Tom WA8PYR

Status
Not open for further replies.