CoMIRS

garys

Premium Subscriber
Incident Command, Interop, mutual aid, task forces. It all worked well.

It was also a great example of a well functioning incident command. Brockton is to be commended for their leadership during it.

StoliRaz

🇺🇲
Premium Subscriber
sounds like they have both analog and digital for sops chs plus all chs look at the database it’ll show u all
I wonder if this is why I haven't heard the "GANG-A" guys since last summer. I miss listening to them trying to bust drug deals on my ride to work or if they switched to using Zello or something similar. That group has gone cold for me though.

garys

Premium Subscriber
I don't know if it's related, but I've heard a lot of traffic that was formerly on some of the detective TGs on various SOPS TGs.

ScanBoston

Premium Subscriber
Side note to ecps92. After Sprint assimilated Nextel and drove itself into insolvency, they premiered a Sprint to public safety radio interface that would allow public safety users to tie into their radio system and use their Sprint phone as a two way radio. I was at a demonstration at Gillette where a chief from somewhere in the midwest talked to his dispatcher on his Sprint phone via their radio system.

It was impressive, but only in the sense that chiefs could annoy their dispatchers from anywhere in the country. ;)
Gary check out SmartConnect Motorola Solutions Smart Connect - Motorola Solutions
and https://www.motorolasolutions.com/c...s/voice-applications/wave/wave_data_sheet.pdf

Last edited:

garys

Premium Subscriber
I know those are available, along with the PTT over cell (or whatever they are called). I was just pointing out that it's easy for companies to promise or sell something, but harder to actually sustain it.

It's like all those people with useless Nextel and Sprint phones. Or pagers for that matter. ;)

StoliRaz

🇺🇲
Premium Subscriber
I know those are available, along with the PTT over cell (or whatever they are called). I was just pointing out that it's easy for companies to promise or sell something, but harder to actually sustain it.

It's like all those people with useless Nextel and Sprint phones. Or pagers for that matter. ;)
Haha, I remember all of those chirping cell phones, probably late 90s to early 2000s era. They got extremely annoying really fast. I was already sick to death of hearing them from my work then they started popping up everywhere. Madness

Now we have people having phone calls on their car's bluetooth with their volume on 4,000 so people 2 blocks away can hear everything being said. I always wonder if they even realize that everyone can hear them loud and clear