Commonwealth One

Status
Not open for further replies.

One13Truck

Member
Feed Provider
Joined
Jul 2, 2004
Messages
1,192
Reaction score
269
Location
My home 20 eating pizza.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
160.020 is listed by the FCC BUT not to the Commonwealth Health system. Bottom line the new critical care chopper is based out of the Seamans airport in Susquehanna County----does anyone know what frequency the use to get dispatched and communicating with dispatch?

Well this has been a really good topic. We've answered a lot of other interesting questions. But I still can't find out any info on this one. Despite all my searching. Hopefully someone can finally get an answer for what frequencies Commonwealth One uses.
 
Joined
Aug 30, 2009
Messages
133
Reaction score
11
Location
NEPA
I'm the one that was talking to you on the Wyoming County Fire/EMS page, lol. We haven't had any calls in the county where we'd needed the Chopper. I have been asking around but no one knows at all yet.
 

One13Truck

Member
Feed Provider
Joined
Jul 2, 2004
Messages
1,192
Reaction score
269
Location
My home 20 eating pizza.
It's still a mystery to me. I haven't been able to find anything. The other night I heard Life Flight get dispatched for a call that Commonwealth declined due to weather but of course that was after they were dispatched so I couldn't get lucky and try and catch them. It's getting very frustrating! I wish someone with better FCC database searching skills could help out and maybe find something I've missed. I've tried just about everything I can think of and have come up empty.
 
Joined
Aug 30, 2009
Messages
133
Reaction score
11
Location
NEPA
They might be getting dispatched from here in Wyoming County, there hasn't been any calls were we've needed the chopper quite yet.. All CLS/LA/WA are now Commonwealth Units, so don't get to excited monitoring Wyoming County and hearing Commonwealth.
 

One13Truck

Member
Feed Provider
Joined
Jul 2, 2004
Messages
1,192
Reaction score
269
Location
My home 20 eating pizza.
They might be getting dispatched from here in Wyoming County, there hasn't been any calls were we've needed the chopper quite yet.. All CLS/LA/WA are now Commonwealth Units, so don't get to excited monitoring Wyoming County and hearing Commonwealth.

I still hate this change. If they wanted to change from "Tyler" to "Commonwealth" that's fine but they should've kept the 601 designation for them. :( I'm still going to call it Tyler 601.

Well I searched the database for an hour again yesterday. Still no luck, but again I don't have the searching knowledge some users in the forums do. So something may be there but I'm just missing it. Hopefully someone can finally answer this one.
 

CommJunkie

Member
Joined
Feb 22, 2008
Messages
965
Reaction score
51
Location
FN20jf
An insider gave me a freq of 461.7875 DPL 245 for Commonwealth One. The best license match I can find is a communications company that rents frequencies under the license of WPMY627. Hope that helps.
 

One13Truck

Member
Feed Provider
Joined
Jul 2, 2004
Messages
1,192
Reaction score
269
Location
My home 20 eating pizza.
An insider gave me a freq of 461.7875 DPL 245 for Commonwealth One. The best license match I can find is a communications company that rents frequencies under the license of WPMY627. Hope that helps.

I looked that up and see they have quite a few frequencies. But only way to test it. I added this to the scanner. So we'll see if anything is heard on it.
 

captclint

Mentor
Joined
Dec 31, 2005
Messages
2,452
Reaction score
3
Location
Mountaintop, PA
I looked that up and see they have quite a few frequencies. But only way to test it. I added this to the scanner. So we'll see if anything is heard on it.
Be sure to put in the input frequency, as you may have a better chance of hearing that freq.
 

One13Truck

Member
Feed Provider
Joined
Jul 2, 2004
Messages
1,192
Reaction score
269
Location
My home 20 eating pizza.
Be sure to put in the input frequency, as you may have a better chance of hearing that freq.

I didn't even think of adding the input. That's what I get for doing the programming on 4 hours of sleep.

Earlier tonight Life Flight 3 was paged out for a call that Commonwealth One declined. I have that 461.7875 frequency in my 396XT and my 996XT and heard nothing. Doesn't mean it's not the right frequency though. I might just be too far away to pick it up here in my "dead spot". I'll have to add in the input and give that a try as well. Until then I guess the search goes on.
 

One13Truck

Member
Feed Provider
Joined
Jul 2, 2004
Messages
1,192
Reaction score
269
Location
My home 20 eating pizza.
I'm finally getting around to adding the input frequency in to see if it solves anything. But as of now this one still has me completely stumped.
 

One13Truck

Member
Feed Provider
Joined
Jul 2, 2004
Messages
1,192
Reaction score
269
Location
My home 20 eating pizza.
An insider gave me a freq of 461.7875 DPL 245 for Commonwealth One. The best license match I can find is a communications company that rents frequencies under the license of WPMY627. Hope that helps.

The mystery MAY have been solved. I heard a very broken transmission the other night from Commonwealth One on this frequency stating they were switching over to Guthrie's frequency. Unfortunately that was all I heard. I didn't catch any dispatches or any other transmissions.

I've been trying to monitor since then to see if I can catch something again on there to further confirm but with this weather nobody's been flying. Does anybody else closer to where they are want to give a listen and see if they can get a stronger signal to confirm?
 
Joined
Aug 30, 2009
Messages
133
Reaction score
11
Location
NEPA
I just asked my radio guy at my dept, he said that they aren't dispatched like lifeflight.
 

One13Truck

Member
Feed Provider
Joined
Jul 2, 2004
Messages
1,192
Reaction score
269
Location
My home 20 eating pizza.
Listening this morning I heard Commonwealth One be dispatched for a hospital to hospital transport by AirCom. Flight was declined due to weather, go figure. I'll listen a bit longer to confirm just to make sure before submitting the info but it looks like this is the right frequency. PL also still needs to be verified. I programmed it w/o PL just in case.
Now the next question. Who is AirCom and where are they located? It didn't sound like they were local. Is it the New York AirCom or somewhere else?
 

druhe

Member
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Feb 18, 2003
Messages
785
Reaction score
208
Location
Southwest Pa
Listening this morning I heard Commonwealth One be dispatched for a hospital to hospital transport by AirCom. Flight was declined due to weather, go figure. I'll listen a bit longer to confirm just to make sure before submitting the info but it looks like this is the right frequency. PL also still needs to be verified. I programmed it w/o PL just in case.
Now the next question. Who is AirCom and where are they located? It didn't sound like they were local. Is it the New York AirCom or somewhere else?

AirCom is the communications center for all of AirMethods air ships. It's located in Nebraska. Take a look here: AirCom - Only Center Of Its Size And Scope In The Nation
 

One13Truck

Member
Feed Provider
Joined
Jul 2, 2004
Messages
1,192
Reaction score
269
Location
My home 20 eating pizza.
That's who I'm figuring it was but they do sound like they have the Northern Tier/Bingo/Upstate NY accent at the dispatch center so I was wondering if it could also be based in NY somewhere.

The reception is still very poor for me on the channel so I haven't had time to confirm the PL and get it submitted to the DB. Of course I don't know how often they actually fly anyway. I'd say 95% of the calls I've been able to catch that they were placed on standby for they declined to fly even when Guthrie and/or LF3 accepts the flight. Seems to defeat the purpose of having the helicopter if it just sits looking pretty on the ground. But to be fair as I said the reception is very poor for me so maybe I just catch all the times they don't go and aren't near the scanner to catch when they DO go.
 

Subliminal87

Member
Joined
Apr 21, 2014
Messages
378
Reaction score
0
Location
Lancaster pa
I have a picture of this taking off from Hershey Medical Center earlier this month. I looked for it then and I couldn't figure it out, even by searching the numbers on the side.

Came here and was surprised people are curious as well.
 
Joined
Aug 30, 2009
Messages
133
Reaction score
11
Location
NEPA
Finally able to confirm both base and mobile: 461.7875 DPL 245. I had confirmed base, but now can confirm this is BM, not RM.
WPMY627 (PUROSKY & TUCKERMAN) FCC Callsign Details
is still the only logical site, and signal strength is somewhat consistent with Bald Mtn, Lack, but would help if we had someone from the area to confirm.

I have to dig my Pro-97, and see what it sounds like here in Tunkhannock.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top