Control Channel Only

Status
Not open for further replies.

KF5EYR

Premium Subscriber
I have a RS Pro-163 that I have programmed with a Motorola Type II Hybrid system. 4 control channels and 169 talk groups. I had originally programmed it in the conventional manner with the control channels and voice channels. I was not aware until reading the Wiki on CCO that it would scan in that manner. What are the advantages and disadvantages, if any, in CCO? I am listening, at the moment, with it programmed that way. Any input is appreciated.

DickH

I have a RS Pro-163 that I have programmed with a Motorola Type II Hybrid system. 4 control channels and 169 talk groups. I had originally programmed it in the conventional manner with the control channels and voice channels. I was not aware until reading the Wiki on CCO that it would scan in that manner. What are the advantages and disadvantages, if any, in CCO? I am listening, at the moment, with it programmed that way. Any input is appreciated.

The only advantage is you only need to input the 4 CC freqs. instead of all 24 as we have where I am.

kd7rto

I don't see any disadvantage to selecting CC only. The up side is that if you don't know all the frequencies used by a system, or if they add frequencies to increase capacity, you won't miss calls.

KF5EYR

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the replies. It seems to boil down to a matter of convenience. I can see where it would be in a large system. I think I will stick with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.