Control Channels

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scoot

Quick question, does anyone know the control channels for EHS, HRFES, HRP in Halifax, NS? Just got a scanner,still kinda new at this and not sure what I'm looking for. I checked the site and imported the info into my scanner but all I get is EHS, thanks for the help.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Control channels affect the entire system, not just a group. You didn't say anything about what scanner you are using, but in general terms, you need to construct a bank with talkgroups for the other groups apart from EHS, which you are already receiving.

best regards..Mike

Scoot

Sorry, the scanner I'm using is the BCT15x with Freescan. I'll give the above a ry, thanks.

hfxChris

Database Admin
Hi Scoot

First off, you will not be able to listen to HRP on the BCT15x; HRP (and the RCMP) use digital talkgroups, which your scanner cannot monitor. You would need the BCD996XT in order to listen to police.

Scoot

Hi Scoot

First off, you will not be able to listen to HRP on the BCT15x; HRP (and the RCMP) use digital talkgroups, which your scanner cannot monitor. You would need the BCD996XT in order to listen to police.

I figured, no biggy. Essentially how I have things setup right now are:

MOT2 System for Halifax with Groups for HRFES, EHS and EMO

Along with other systems. My question is, is there any way I can pick and choose who I want to monitor? I have assigned quick keys to them all and have loaded all the sites for NS but when I have them all turned off except one (EHS for example) I get everyone (Metro Transit, Taxi's, tow trucks etc) How do I set things up so I can just listen to one group and not transit and the rest?

hfxChris

Database Admin
So you've got everything in different groups, with different group quick keys assigned so you can turn the different groups on and off right?

Make sure the scanner is in 'scan' mode and not 'search' mode - push Function then Scan/Search and the display should show Scan when it's in scan mode. In scan mode it will only stop on the talkgroups (channels) you have programmed and enabled.

Scoot

Make sure the scanner is in 'scan' mode and not 'search' mode .

That's what the problem was, it was in "search" mode, switched it to "scan" mode and works just fine now. Thanks, appreciate your help!

Status
Not open for further replies.