• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Control data channel issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

scannerman200

Premium Subscriber
I was monitoring a trunking system this week and all of a sudden, the ctrl channel on this system started making racket. it started yesterday and is still doing it. What should I do? is there another data ctrl channel?

DickH

scannerman200 said:
I was monitoring a trunking system this week and all of a sudden, the ctrl channel on this system started making racket. it started yesterday and is still doing it. What should I do? is there another data ctrl channel?

For some reason, it stopped trunking. Try re-programming the system.

scannerman200

Premium Subscriber
I reprogrammed it, I think the ctrl channel was changed. After research, the ctrl channel can change each day. The agency can switch to a diff repeater. 860.2625 is the ctrl channel that I had programmed. Any idea what the other repeater is?

Comint

Premium Subscriber
scannerman200 said:
I reprogrammed it, I think the ctrl channel was changed. After research, the ctrl channel can change each day. The agency can switch to a diff repeater. 860.2625 is the ctrl channel that I had programmed. Any idea what the other repeater is?

Look for the other frequencies in 1MHz steps away from that frequency (can be up to four Control Channel frequencies, if it is a Motorola system).

Comint.

DickH

scannerman200 said:

If the control channel changed, you would not hear it unless it was programmed as FM, not MOT or ED.
Since I don't know where you live, I have no idea what the "other repeater" is. Since it's a trunking system, "switching to a different repeater" doesn't make sense.

If it is a Motorola system, it can have up to 4 CCs. Some systems change CCs often - others almost never. You should make sure you have ALL the CCs programmed.

DickH

Comint said:
Look for the other frequencies in 1MHz steps away from that frequency (can be up to four Control Channel frequencies, if it is a Motorola system).
Comint.

That 1MHz step might be true in OZ, mate, but here in the U.S. it can be anything.
For example, the CCs in my sytem here in Portland, OR are; 858.7125, 858.7375, 859.2625 & 859.4625.

dangitdoug

Check the database for the system you are monitoring. It will give you the CCs in red and blue. Be sure you have all CC frequencies correctly programmed and moded.

Doug K

cristisphoto

First OFF, what scanner are you using???

scannerman200 said:

It would helpo helluva lot IF you told us what scanner you are using??
Cause Ratshaks the bank must be set on the MO mode or it wil only make that racket in which you are reffering.
Whera the Uniden's Usually have a use the CC only and it will AUTOMATICALLY decode for you...
Anywyas
SO yeaH what are you monitoring with???
Crista

Status
Not open for further replies.