Cook County Locks Database

Status
Not open for further replies.

jerrycape

Premium Subscriber
Standard Windows network error message "site not responding". Other Illinois counties are OK. (i.e. McHenry County) where I live is fine.

garys

Premium Subscriber
Works fine for me too. Exactly how would Cook County lock a database that is controlled by someone else? The problem is on your end.

jerrycape

Premium Subscriber
Poor wording on my part...better wording..."the Cook County entry in the Radio Reference database appears to lock upon examination". Must then use Windows Task Manager (Ctrl+Alt+Del) to examine the applications that are running. Task Manager says site not responding. Then kill Internet Explorer to recover. Error is repeatable.

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
Poor wording on my part...better wording..."the Cook County entry in the Radio Reference database appears to lock upon examination". Must then use Windows Task Manager (Ctrl+Alt+Del) to examine the applications that are running. Task Manager says site not responding. Then kill Internet Explorer to recover. Error is repeatable.

Cook county, being Cook county, is a very large page. As a test, I just timed it and from clicking on Cook Co. (on the IL map) it took 25+ seconds to load, this on a high speed connection. I note you say you are using IE (as I do); I looked through the whole page and I see nothing on the page that may be invoking any software or extension that may be causing this.

MFD4305

Not Here!

Lou,
The Cook County page took six seconds to load for me. Comcast cable internet with an 811g wireless router to a laptop running Windows XP and FireFox. Suggest you (all) try FireFox.

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
Give me a break

Guys, I set up the worst possible senerio, cleared history, cleared cache, worst browser. After all, I was trying to provide the situation similar to what the OP (since he has not yet loaded the page) would be experiencing. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.