BCD325P2/BCD996P2: Copying a existing Scanner

riley1320

Can you take an existing scanner that is programmed, and download that information onto a new scanner? I have a bcd996p2 that is already programmed and I got another one. Is there a way to down load the existing one to the new one. I did not program the existing one.

tvengr

Well Known Member
Can you take an existing scanner that is programmed, and download that information onto a new scanner? I have a bcd996p2 that is already programmed and I got another one. Is there a way to down load the existing one to the new one. I did not program the existing one.
If both scanners are BCD996P2, do the following: Using the rear DB9 connectors, you need a null modem cable and the appropriate gender changers. On the scanner that is already programmed, press MENU > Scroll to Wired Clone > Press E > Scroll to Master > Press E > Scroll to Rear Port > Press E. On the scanner that you wish to program, press MENU > Scroll to Wired Clone > Press E > Scroll to Slave > Press E > Scroll to Rear Port > Press E. Press SCAN on both scanners to begin the cloning process.

Last edited: