Cordless Phone Freq List

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gator596

Premium Subscriber
I keep stumbling onto phone conversations when I'm scanning. Since it is illegal to listen to these I was wondering if anyone had file of all the known cordless freqs to share so I could put it into my scanner and then LOCK THEM OUT.
Thanks,
Gator
BCD396XT
Freescan

ecps92

Such as?? List some of them. [It will help vs assumptions] :wink:

Cordless Phone Frequencies can Vary by Country. The wiki is pretty acurate. Maybe what you are hearing is a Phone Patch vs a Cordless Phone ?

No really!
I had seen the Wiki already, but it seems incomplete. I have seen activity on many frequencies NOT listed there.

Gator596

Premium Subscriber
Maybe I'm not reading the Wiki right, but many of the freqs I've already locked OUT (see below) don't seem to conform to the frequency patterns listed in it.
A file containing freqs for every different country would probably not be too big, and it would help prevent people from breaking the law no matter where they go. Also, it would safeguard against foreign phones that were brought into North America.
Here are my permanent lock outs so far;

I don't think they are phone patches as they fall within the range listed for cordless phones.

Last edited:

Gator596

Premium Subscriber
I'm pretty sure it is illegal here too, but in any event I wouldn't want to take any chances. Besides, gentlemen do not listen in on other people's PRIVATE conversations.

SkipSanders

Silent Key
All of 902-928 MHz is a 'license free' band in the USA, and cordless phones are free to use any frequency within that range. Different manufacturers can set up whatever specific frequencies they like within that range.

kb2vxa

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
I know it's illegal to listen... but I want the frequencies... so I can lock them out.

Everything that happens in life
Can happen in a show
You can make 'em laugh
You can make 'em cry
Anything
Anything can go....

The world is a stage,
The stage is a world of entertainment.
That's entertainment!
That's entertainment!

Gator596

Premium Subscriber
All of 902-928 MHz is a 'license free' band in the USA, and cordless phones are free to use any frequency within that range. Different manufacturers can set up whatever specific frequencies they like within that range.

But wouldn't the different manufacturers all populate that range in different steps between individual frequencies so they didn't create interference/conflicts between users? Someone must have a file that has them all in it.

Before inexplicably breaking into show tunes, kb2vxa wrote: "I know it's illegal to listen... but I want the frequencies... so I can lock them out."

Me too! That's why I started this thread. I'll send you a copy of the file once I get it!

SkipSanders

Silent Key
But wouldn't the different manufacturers all populate that range in different steps between individual frequencies so they didn't create interference/conflicts between users? Someone must have a file that has them all in it.

Before inexplicably breaking into show tunes, kb2vxa wrote: "I know it's illegal to listen... but I want the frequencies... so I can lock them out."

Me too! That's why I started this thread. I'll send you a copy of the file once I get it!

What part of 'there is no channel plan' is too hard to figure out?

Don't listen to anything in 902-928, if it worries you. Or only listen to known ham radio repeaters.

Lock out the whole band. Lock out every 5 KHz, and every 12.5 KHz. There is no list of channels, because there are no channels.

57Bill

Sounds like you are a normal scanner enthusiast who listens to radio transmissions not intended for you, and enjoy listening in on cordless telephone conversations. You want to find them, rather than stumbling across them, so you look to RR, a great source for such information. But you want to avoid all the "you can't do that: it's illegal" bs, so you make a point of going on record that you want to "delete" the frequencies. Just search between 902 and 928 MHz, with particular attention to 916 -928 MHz. and enjoy! Don't tell anyone what you hear, and NOBODY cares.

Gator596

Premium Subscriber
SkipSanders Wrote: "What part of 'there is no channel plan' is too hard to figure out?"
There is a partial channel plan available on this site. You can find it at Cordless Phone - The RadioReference Wiki

"Don't listen to anything in 902-928, if it worries you. Or only listen to known ham radio repeaters."
I don't know any ham repeaters. When I try to find them I keep running into Cordless Phones - something I am trying not to do by getting more info on them so I can scan without worry.

"Lock out the whole band. Lock out every 5 KHz, and every 12.5 KHz."
I hate to sound contrary but that sounds like a waste of a perfectly good band to scan which contains, as you said - lots of ham radio traffic.

"There is no list of channels, because there are no channels."
Please see my above link to the wiki for a partial list of frequencies described as "channels".

You seem angry. I'm sorry if my attempt to stear clear of breaking the law has upset you.

KIKINWING

Premium Subscriber
No good deed goes unpunished.... Be like Schultzy and me and "Know nothing, see nothing, hear nothing; Col. Hogan Pleeeeze"

Some would argue that there is no such thing as the perfect crime; I say they should try and count the ones no one knows nothing, saw nothing and heard nothing..... Perfect!

Gator596

Premium Subscriber
And the Gold Medal in conclusion jumping goes to...

Sounds like you are a normal scanner enthusiast who listens to radio transmissions not intended for you, and enjoy listening in on cordless telephone conversations. You want to find them, rather than stumbling across them, so you look to RR, a great source for such information. But you want to avoid all the "you can't do that: it's illegal" bs, so you make a point of going on record that you want to "delete" the frequencies. Just search between 902 and 928 MHz, with particular attention to 916 -928 MHz. and enjoy! Don't tell anyone what you hear, and NOBODY cares.

Friend - Modern technology has blessed many people in the listening community (including me - thanks Uniden!) with the ability to lock out the frequencies it is illegal to listen to. I was just wondering if someone could make that job easier.
Nothing in my post indicates otherwise. Thanks a pant load for your suspicion.
BTW - did you ever end up getting those ten dollar 900Mhz phones from Rite Aid (http://forums.radioreference.com/off-topic-wireless/164365-900-mhz-phones-back.html) you talked about giving to your neighbors?

Last edited:

n1das

Friend - Modern technology has blessed many people in the listening community (including me - thanks Uniden!) with the ability to lock out the frequencies it is illegal to listen to. I was just wondering if someone could make that job easier.
Nothing in my post indicates otherwise. Thanks a pant load for your suspicion.
BTW - did you ever end up getting those ten dollar 900Mhz phones from Rite Aid (http://forums.radioreference.com/off-topic-wireless/164365-900-mhz-phones-back.html) you talked about giving to your neighbors?

Regarding programming particular 900MHz frequencies into the scanner, only to lock them out to "avoid" listening to them, this is crazy! Wasted effort and a huge waste of channels in the scanner. If you want to "avoid" listening to them, why not simply avoid programming them into the scanner in the first place? They would already be "locked out" and it would free up those channels to program other freqs into.

Last edited:

N0IU

I own a 1991 Corvette. Even though it is almost 20 years old, from what I am told, it is still capable of exceeding the maximum speed limit. Just because the car itself is capable of going really fast, someone still has to actually be sitting behind the wheel with their foot on the accelerator in order for this to happen. After all, if I get caught speeding, I am the one who gets the ticket, not the car!

In other words, at some point, you have to take responsibility for your own actions! If you know something is illegal, suspect it might be illegal or even if you just have a guilty conscience for doing something that you perceive to be wrong (like listening to other people's "private" conversations), then don't do it!. Really, its just that simple!

Status
Not open for further replies.