County of Essex Frequencies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Following the installation of their new 375' tower at Eagle Rock Reservation, did the County of Essex drop any of their VHF & UHF frequencies (e.g., 155.100, 155.145, 471.?).

The RR database has no information about use of anyting other than their trunked system.

Thanks.

So it would appear that the Sheriff's Department is not using a trunked EDACS system, but a multi-channel 800 MHz Motorola system instead? Or are there 2 separate systems in place?

Also, I've seen Road Department trucks with 800 MHz antennas on them. However, the RR database says Roads is on 151.46. Which is correct?

Joseph11

The Sheriff's Department has conventional frequencies and talkgroups on the trunked system. I've heard the conventional frequencies in use a few months ago when I was up there. There's also a talkgroup for Roads listed on the trunked system's page. They probably used that VHF frequency before they went to the trunked system.

fyrfyter10

the vhf still appears to be the primary frequency. I havent heard any activity on the trs either sheriff or roads. the SO uses the 800 freqs for almost all comms. the trs is almost unused. that tower has the USAI and ITAC antennas and others but I dont know which ones.hope this helps
andrew

I believe all base station equipment that was located at their old tower next to the High Lawn Pavilion was moved to the new tower. Antennas & cables were left behind at the old tower though.

The County had also rented space at 416 Eagle Rock Avenue (originally owned by the late Adam Sadlon) and the old WVNJ-FM tower. I believe both of those leases have been terminated; all transmitting equipment in West Orange is now at the new tower in Eagle Rock (with the exception of the Turtle Back Zoo's repeater).

Status
Not open for further replies.