CSP Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

NorthCOVideo

Premium Subscriber
I've been wondering about some of the vehicles used. I know there are a few different unmarked cars we might not be able to talk about, but I've seen pics of marked cars that I'm curious about. Theres always the crown vics and chargers, I've seen a couple of camaros and trucks, but I found a pic of a WRX and a lambo.

http://members.fortunecity.com/statepdcars/csp150.jpg

Can't get the CSP website to load their image galleries, so I thought I would ask.

swstow

Premium Subscriber
i cant help you with your state but in florida ive seen limbo,cameros and mustangs for hwy patrol and of course crown vics
and trucks are most likely specialty units like mounted patrol and 4whl drives for beaches or off road areas
the big push to chargers is both price and overall proformence over the vic and imps,

Troop

I've been wondering about some of the vehicles used. I know there are a few different unmarked cars we might not be able to talk about, but I've seen pics of marked cars that I'm curious about. Theres always the crown vics and chargers, I've seen a couple of camaros and trucks, but I found a pic of a WRX and a lambo.

http://members.fortunecity.com/statepdcars/csp150.jpg

Can't get the CSP website to load their image galleries, so I thought I would ask.

The only other vehicles you might see that are different are Unmarked Expeditions/Chargers...Van's used by MCSAP and our new hazmat trucks which are the size of a small fire truck.....That picture of the WRX is a mock-up...it was done by our photo lab for reasons unknown to me but that vehicle is not in-service and has never been part of a "street racing" enforcement team.......All the Camaros are gone and that's about it for the fleet

NorthCOVideo

Premium Subscriber
I saw an unmarked F-150 that had a guy pulled over on night in Boulder county, which kinda surprised me. Thought the photo was cool, there are a lot of interesting patrol cars around the county, around the world for that matter, Thanks for the info.

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
Lafayette also has an undercover F-150 used for traffic, it's pretty sweet when completely lit up. They seem to work 287 a lot in the mornings.

Jim<

Last edited:

Troop

The only F-250 you might see from CSP belongs to the motorcycle unit

NorthCOVideo

Premium Subscriber
Thats interesting cause at the time they were in Lafayette. Got me scratching my head with that one.

Edit

Jim you're playing tricks on me now first it was Longmont, now its Lafayette. LOL That was a good laugh.

Last edited:

NorthCOVideo

Premium Subscriber
Ok now that we know who it belongs to, LOL, I guess I could have said this from the start, if I remember it was a gold and brown F-150.

Still laughing about the above.

Troop

I have seen the Hazmat training trailer being towed by a 250/350...

Are the new Haz mat rigs (replacing the 450s) 4wd?

yep...and they're going to be some gas guzzle'n rigs...GMC topkick(s)

Blogger

I have a 5500 4x4 works for what I need, but NOT driving down the highway.... I was told they were going to 25999gvw Internationals... guess that didn't happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.