CT State Police

Status
Not open for further replies.

MTACOP

Retired
Premium Subscriber
The impala's are assigned to Detectives and special units (Organized crime, gangs, homeland security, etc...) Even a few Chargers without lights. Most in these are a talon or two. I've seen a few with 1/4 wave motorola antennas too. Initially I thought it was DOC, but knew the CSP Sgt operating it.

PJH

Premium Subscriber
Most of the Special Units (can be anything from the Tac unit to backgrounds) typically have non-PI units. I've even seen Malibu's that were bought as soft cars/run around cars.

In short, if your not assigned to a patrol function, fleet can issue you whatever is available.

Mick

This same vehicle was in Colorado Springs, Colorado on 9Aug2012 when Obama spoke at Colorado College. The vehicle had what looks like Maryland license plates.

Here's an entire set of photo's from "Renegades" visit that day:
Obama motorcade - a set on Flickr

PJH and MTA, one or both of you may know what and who's this is. I do. Was it recently here or no? I do know they use it or similiar all over the US. I saw an earlier version working NY back in the day. I will say this also. Apparently they don't always use their own either. When I was in Westchester County, Our Volunteer Rig was called and told to station somewhere. In addition, When I worked another service there that services rig was stationed also. I think it depends on numerous things. I know when the VAC stationed it was only the officers that were assigned. Probably for security reasons but who knows.

Attachments

• IMG_4614.jpg
    IMG_4614.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 1,045
  • IMG_4615.jpg
    IMG_4615.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 1,866

MTACOP

Retired
Premium Subscriber
back in the day LOL... I did passed the background and serve on several POTUS and dignitary visits. The first was during the Reagan term. Back then we used our own "bus" so I'm sure there are reasons they use a local provider in the cab for directions to the local ER

Attachments

• img_06562.jpg
    img_06562.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 823
Status
Not open for further replies.