Ctsp

Status
Not open for further replies.

chaz517

Premium Subscriber
there seem to be many repeats of ctsp mot2 and even connecticut state police systems, do i need to load all the ctsp systems or just one? thanks guys!!

W1KNE

Owner ScanNewEngland
Database Admin
What make/model of scanner do you have?
You only need to enter the prime sites you're interesting in monitoring and the associated talkgroups.

chaz517

Premium Subscriber
well under each county there is a mot2 for CTSP do i need to enter one for each county? seems to me they are all the same. i nave bcd996xt

scanningisfun

well under each county there is a mot2 for CTSP do i need to enter one for each county? seems to me they are all the same. i nave bcd996xt

All of the sites listed make up the CSP system. Make a motorola system in your 996 and enter each site and give them different quick keys. For CSP, I use quick keys 85-99 + 80 and 90.

chaz517

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the reply. I'm confused tho, because the info listed for ctsp is all the same under each county. Its the exact same groups n channels

chaz517

Premium Subscriber
Do u have a file I could upload or look at. I thought I was all set but now o guess not lol. So much learning w these things haha

chaz517

Premium Subscriber
yea just double checked again. everything for state police is exactly the same under each county. the mot2 systems all contain the same info, so am i missing something here,? maybe im just stupid, which is def possible lol

scanningisfun

yea just double checked again. everything for state police is exactly the same under each county. the mot2 systems all contain the same info, so am i missing something here,? maybe im just stupid, which is def possible lol

Connecticut State Police is under every county because it is a statewide system. If you look at the site names, you will see things like "Troop H/W Simulcast" or "Troop C/K Simulcast". You need to program all of those sites into a Motorola System under different quick keys. There are different 'Troops' that make up CSP. Use this map to help you see which troop covers your area so you will know which site to monitor.

-I will make a video to help you understand.

-Motorola Type II Smartzone Help: http://wiki.radioreference.com/index.php/Motorola_Type_II_SmartZone

-Here is the 996XT Easier to Read Manual: Easier to Read BCD996XT Digital Scanner Manual

Attachments

• csp_map_25_50.jpg
    csp_map_25_50.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 397
Last edited:

chaz517

Premium Subscriber
thank u so much for that!!! i already have those loaded into my scanner under mot2 ctsp. so what ur saying is i need to have 8 mot 2 systems? because the ctsp mot2 is under every county. i currently have one mot2 system with a few different groups and all the m82c stuff. I feel like what ur saying is to add ctsp mot2 from every county. right now its the one mot2 system and i have most of the police on quick key 7 but some is on a different quick key for my area.

i have every troop programmed into my mot2 system, as i was aware of the different troops in the state. when just messin around i listen to all the ctsp but when i got to work, i travel 84 east near waterbury, so i just leave on the local towns around there and the ctsp troops A and I. thats how i should be doing it right? thanks

Last edited:

scanningisfun

thank u so much for that!!! i already have those loaded into my scanner under mot2 ctsp. so what ur saying is i need to have 8 mot 2 systems? because the ctsp mot2 is under every county. i currently have one mot2 system with a few different groups and all the m82c stuff. I feel like what ur saying is to add ctsp mot2 from every county. right now its the one mot2 system and i have most of the police on quick key 7 but some is on a different quick key for my area

You only need one system. Do not think of the different sites as different systems.

chaz517

Premium Subscriber
ok, one system, so then I think I have it set up the way it should be. it has all the different troops a,i,h,w,g,b, and so on and so on. and also the canaan groups and bridegport, and danielson and groton and the lake waramaug one and the mountain ones.

scanningisfun

Here are some random files to help you so I don't have to make a video. Go down and click on "CT State Police Main Doc PDF".

Attachments

• 4B16.jpg
    4B16.jpg
    11.7 KB · Views: 322
  • CT State Police Main Doc PDF.pdf
    101.4 KB · Views: 235

cg

Premium Subscriber
There is no one correct way to program it.
If you are just starting out, I would suggest using one System and multiple Sites within that System. Then assign different Quick Keys to each Site so you can control what tower you are hearing. After you program the TGIDs, assign each one to one of the ten Group Quick Keys to further control what you hear.
A problem with having every troop turned on is they get very busy when bad weather hits and you can go minutes without leaving the CSP system. Thats fine if they are your main listening goal but if you have other stuff you like to hear, it can be overwhelming.
Experiment with different setups. You will then learn what you like and what you don't.

chris

Status
Not open for further replies.