Cumberland County

Status
Not open for further replies.

waynes

Premium Subscriber
Can someone shed some light on Cumberland County coms? I never hear a word. Ty.

BoxAlarm187

Level 6 RR Member (Since 1998)
Premium Subscriber
Rural locality with a population of less than 10,000; calls for service (especially on the FD side) can be sporadic. The last I checked, the info in the DB is correct. I can pick them up on a scanner without an outdoor antenna from about 30 air miles away.

waynes

Premium Subscriber
I'm about 30 miles away. Going to an outdoor antenna. Now if I can get that digital buzzing sound off Buckingham FD ...

n4jri

Premium Subscriber
Cumberland doesn't seem to have a lot of power and audio level of the signals is pretty low, too.

Not aware of any recent changes in the system

73/Allen (N4JRI)

cshiffy105

Premium Subscriber
I have Cumberland in my scan lists. I'm about 15-20 miles from the transmitter and can pick up just fine indoors without an external antenna.

As far as traffic, there is very little. I do hear some on PD during the weekends but again its still rare. It sounds like they did finally add MDC-1200 to their radios. Back in 2018-2019 I heard DTMF tones on every transmission with the PD side. This got old pretty quickly and I just stopped listening.

waynes

Premium Subscriber
I finally heard them from my perch in western Buckingham County, using a discone antenna. Very faint.

Status
Not open for further replies.