Daily Changes in the database

Status
Not open for further replies.

BamaScan

Premium Subscriber
I have noticed some changes in the database that I don't understand. 1) I wish there was an easy way to highlight in green or another color what was updated in the county. Once you go to the updated county you see in green on the state map. You must look at each sub catagory. This can be time consumming for a large county.

2) I have also noticed that the agencies names get changed a lot. For example, here is what I found when I clicked on history.

" Sub-category (Meridian, City of Sort 99) changed to (Meridian, City of Sort: 99)"

This makes no sense to me. Can someone explain this change ?? Why is someone playing arround with changing a sub catagory to the same as it was before they changed it ?? Everytime I submit a frequency there is arround 200 + frequencies to be added to the database. I can see why now there is 200 + frequencies to be added.

Michael-SATX

BamaScan, I have many times wondered the same thing as yourself.
I often go lQQking under history only to find the log doesn't explain exactly what happened: Example:

San Antonio Military Smartzone System Updated (Changed Site # 001 (Lackland AFB) to 001 (Lackland AFB)) blantonl

I tend to think that these history updates are automaticaly generically generated sometimes...?

Otherwise, the database admin would most likey be a little more concise and less vague ... ?

On the bright side most history posts are clear enough: ie added TG or added frequency, etc.

JoeyC

Most likely they are making changes to the organizational structure of the database and/or fixing errors that occur when downloading or clicking on links.

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
The most likely answer is that something that is not keyed to reflect in the history for that data point was changed. The thing that comes to mind (and you will see a lot of this as time goes on) is establishing a position for the data point, in other words establishing a lat/lon for that point and/or changing the coverage area related with that point.

Swipesy

The most likely answer is that something that is not keyed to reflect in the history for that data point was changed. The thing that comes to mind (and you will see a lot of this as time goes on) is establishing a position for the data point, in other words establishing a lat/lon for that point and/or changing the coverage area related with that point.

What you said here makes no sense to the common person. Could you please take another cut at your answer so it is meaningful?

Last edited:

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
When you see that a category has been "changed" to the "same" name as it was changed from, something other than the category name was changed. As in Lou's example, it might be the location information (the lat and long, or latitude and longitude) of the category's frequencies, or it might be something like the sort order of the subcategories (re-arranging them so that they appear in a different order).

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
What you said here makes no sense to the common person. Could you please take another cut at your answer so it is meaningful?

Yes; what Jay said above. :D

Not everything that changes is tracked as a history change and published as such. The example(s) provided by Jay and myself are some in point. Another example (I think) is if the description of a sub-category or talk group category is altered, there is no description of that in the choices of history changes.

If you want a specific answer, you will have to provide a specific example (use a link) and it will have to be something that happened in the last 24 hours or so.

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Precisely, we are constantly trying to improve the accuracy, and usability of the db. Adding Location Data, rearranging line ups, and so on. Be patient with us, it is a lot of data nationwide and worldwide to make usable for you guys. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.