Data basse question

Status
Not open for further replies.

dispatcher812

Member
Joined
Aug 8, 2009
Messages
676
Reaction score
27
Location
Connecticut
I am new here and have played with the database and have a few questions. I am trying to come up witha way my BearCat 796D with Railroad frequencies. I went to the page of my home state (CT) and used the pull down menu and selected Railroads. I got quite a few frequencies. Interested most in Providence And Worecester. I then went to the Mass. page and did the same thing but I got no hits for the P&W. Since Mass is that RR's home state why were there no frequencies listed in Mass?

I am also trying to get as many frequencies programmed as I can. I first thought was taking one full bank, programming it with all AAR frequencies and tagging the channel with which railroads used it. BUT, what an undertaking that was. So I then thought of taking a bank and dedicating it to a certain RR; ie BNSF AMTRK, NS, CSX, New England Area RR (my home area). My problem is finding all the frequencies that a particular RR uses. The database here is great but I would have to search all 50 states to get my complete list. Any Suggestions?

Thanks, Kevin
 

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
Joined
Oct 20, 2002
Messages
12,935
Reaction score
11
Location
Katy, TX
The database only contains those frequencies that have been submitted by the users. So, if it does not have a complete list, then users have to submit updates.
 

mciupa

Canadian DB Admin
Moderator
Joined
Nov 5, 2002
Messages
9,102
Reaction score
2,699
Location
I'm here a lot
Kevin, I wonder if you should throw this question out to the members in the Railroad/Railfan Monitoring forum here at RadioReference?
Maybe someone has a complete list of tagging and could send you a file that could be imported into your scanner.

Not sure if you have these tagged in your scanner, but I found these:

Providence & Worcester
160.650 -- [AAR channel 36] -- road
160.890 -- [AAR channel 52] -- road
161.100 -- [AAR channel 66] -- road
 

burner50

The Third Variable
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Dec 24, 2004
Messages
2,312
Reaction score
181
Location
NC Iowa
If you were to obtain a listing of what railroads use what frequency nationwide, you will wind up with is a huge list of repeating frequencies as there is only 97 AAR Frequencies.
 

cecile1949

Member
Joined
May 13, 2010
Messages
22
Reaction score
0
Location
@yahoo.com
I am looking for the Alton Illinois city police reference number. I can't find it. I got new scanner yesterday and I immediately erase the data base not knowing what I was doing. It is a digital trunking desktop mobile radio. Can someone help me?
 

cecile1949

Member
Joined
May 13, 2010
Messages
22
Reaction score
0
Location
@yahoo.com
I am looking for the Alton Illinois city police reference number. I can't find it. I got new scanner yesterday and I immediately erase the data base not knowing what I was doing. It is a digital trunking desktop mobile radio. Can someone help me?

I need help finding Alton Illinois Madison county information for my digital trunking desktop mobile radio. can someone help me find the Alton police call letters? Can you tell there is a lot I have to learn about scanners and this site?
 

cecile1949

Member
Joined
May 13, 2010
Messages
22
Reaction score
0
Location
@yahoo.com

I have reference numbers for the Alton Police. Thank you all for that. I have two scanners now. Do the frequencies listed in the database work for all scanners? I have the Pro 405 and a digital trunking pro 197. If so, how do I put it into them? Please remember I know very little about scanners. I programed in the reference code for the police here but did not understand the last part (157.6? pl ). I saved the main number and I get nothing from it. Do I need to program it into a special group since it is a public service number? Where and how please, do I do this?
Thanks so much for all your patience and knowledge.
Cecile
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top