• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Data exchange between two PCs via MotoTRBO

Alexitmisty

Hello, I'm trying to link two PCs to transfer short data by two DP4401e like in this video:

While searching for a solution, I came across this discussion where the same question was raised:

TCP/IP over DMR through MotoTrbo

The nuance is that they stopped only at pinging, but this is not the goal of my task.
I configured the network so that both computers have a DHCP address of 192.168.10.2, the radios receive an address of 192.168.10.1. Radio ID for walkie-talkies are 12.0.19.138 and 12.0.19.139.
Без имени.png
As you can see, the ping actually goes through. Walkie-talkies exchange with each other, their diodes blink during transmission. However, as soon as I try to check the availability of the port with the command no port is open:
Code:
nc -v <IP_Destination> <port>

I tried to add static routing, but it did not work (the picture shows an attempt to route on a PC to which a radio with RadioID 12.0.19.139 is connected).
1706849709677.png

I'm also attaching a Wireshark screenshot to show what packets are being transmitted and sent.
1706849942479.png

I also tried to exchange data through the SmartPTT utility. I set everything up according to the instructions, but at some point the following problem occurred. I register CAI Network 12. When pinging, it is 12.x.x.x, and not 13.x.x.x, that responds.
1706850091992.png

However, when setting up SmartPTT, the IP is rebuilt to 13.x.x.x.
1706850327467.png

Please tell me where I'm confused or missing something.

Alexitmisty

I used command:
Code:
netcat -z -v -n 12.0.19.138  8000-8600 2>&1

And I saw:
Code:
Connection to 12.0.19.138 8002 port [tcp/*] succeeded!
Connection to 12.0.19.138 8501 port [tcp/*] succeeded!
Connection to 12.0.19.138 8502 port [tcp/*] succeeded!

These ports turned out to be enabled on both radios. I tried to make a connection between them and the terminal even wrote success, but question is still open.

Снимок экрана от 2024-02-02 16-05-35.png
As soon as I tried to transmit messages that were written into the terminal, they were never transmitted.
I also tries SSH but as you can see, connection refused.

Last edited:

Alexitmisty

As soon as I tried to transmit messages that were written into the terminal, they were never transmitted.
I added screenshot from another PC. First message hello wasn`t delivered. I tried from one PC, there was no delivery. And then I tried from another one and there was no delivery either. As well as the messages sent afterwards.
Снимок экрана от 2024-02-02 16-55-38.png

Alexitmisty

12.0.19.138 is radio, correct? SSH into other computer, nit radio
Okay, I tried my PC IP and this is what happened (with sudo same result).
Снимок экрана от 2024-02-05 10-38-15.png

To previous posts, I would like to add that when communicating via nc, when it wrote a successful connection and I sent chat messages that did not appear on the second computer, both radios blinked as if exchanging data.
I checked the data packets using Wireshark and saw that there were packets on the sending PC, but not on the receiving PC. From this I concluded that there is no data transfer at the stage "Radio receiver -> PC receiver".
Is it possible that I did not register some command for routing traffic from the radio to the PC or is my conclusion fundamentally wrong?

Alexitmisty

On YouTube you can find several videos where people exchange short messages through the console on a PC, connecting them through Mototrbo. There is also a SmartPTT program that allows you to send entire files this way. I tried to transfer data as indicated in the SmartPTT instructions, but it was not configured. Maybe in CPS 2.0, when setting up codeplug, there is an option to enable the function of sending data to a PC or something like that?

Alexitmisty

I'm trying to set up work through the terminal in Linux using the netcat utility. I haven't seen any other options for setting up short message transmission. If you suggest other options, I will try them too.