datebase deletion?

Status
Not open for further replies.

landonjensen

I went to submit frequencies for a city near mine, as I did in the last month, (Arcadia CA) and found ericcarlson deleted the city's page in the Database. Everything was current and correct, and now its gone.. Any reason why? Im confused on this...... :confused:

edit: ericcarlson does not even in Los Angeles which makes me even more confused.

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
I went to submit frequencies for a city near mine, as I did in the last month, (Arcadia CA) and found ericcarlson deleted the city's page in the Database. Everything was current and correct, and now its gone.. Any reason why? Im confused on this...... :confused:

edit: ericcarlson does not even in Los Angeles which makes me even more confused.
Arcadia, CA is on the Los Angeles Co. page, where it belongs.

Suppose you look around before you start accusing DB Admins of something sinister.

landonjensen

I am looking at the Los Angeles Co page...

I do not see Arcadia CA ANYWHERE under Separate Agency Pages in Los Angeles County like it used to be...

Grog

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Suppose you look around before you start accusing DB Admins of something sinister.

This is not the first time things have been deleted. It really makes people wonder if it is worth their time to submit info to the database when someone else just comes along and says it's not correct and away it goes.

landonjensen

This is not the first time things have been deleted. It really makes people wonder if it is worth their time to submit info to the database when someone else just comes along and says it's not correct and away it goes.

Agreed.... :mad:

Grog

Banned
Grog, you have an opinion, I suggest you have something to back it up.

So we have to have screenprints of everything we ever want to challenge? I can say for a fact that I submitted true information, it was added to the database, and later it was deleted. So I rarely submit true information anymore, it's not worth it to format it and have it ready for easy use by the database admins, then to have it flushed down the drain.

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
And why is it not with the rest of the regular cities? It is not a LA County city and is its own individual city. :confused:
The real question is why are there so many separate cities when the rule is that unless the city has a massive number of frequencies, it is to be placed on the county page. Since I suggest that of all the cities in Los Angeles Co., the city of LA is the biggest and it is on the county page, there should be no separate agency pages for any city in that county. I think, as you continue to watch, you will see that migration continue to happen. Since Eric had some updating to do back on 6/8 he took the opportunity to move it where it belongs.

Grog said:
So we have to have screenprints of everything we ever want to challenge? I can say for a fact that I submitted true information, it was added to the database, and later it was deleted. So I rarely submit true information anymore, it's not worth it to format it and have it ready for easy use by the database admins, then to have it flushed down the drain.
No and to suggest that I said anything of sort is below you. If you have a valid complaint you know how to register it, of course you can continue to keep your data to yourself, it really doesn't affect the DB that much.

blantonl

Founder and CEO
Staff member
Super Moderator
Lou is correct... we are moving those separate agency pages up to the county pages as time allows.. expect those to be migrated over time to the county page so that those separate agency pages no longer exist.

In all seriousness folks -Eric Carlson is a global administrator and our single largest manager of data on the site than anyone else. He knows more about communications systems, frequency plans, and how to manage data that most of you know your wives.

Grog

Banned
No and to suggest that I said anything of sort is below you. If you have a valid complaint you know how to register it, of course you can continue to keep your data to yourself, it really doesn't affect the DB that much.

So you really don't care if all of the information in the database is true and correct?

blantonl

Founder and CEO
Staff member
Super Moderator
So you really don't care if all of the information in the database is true and correct?

Grog, cut it out - what he is saying is if you choose to not submit data, someone else will at some point.

Of course the overall objectives of the site are to be as accurate as possible... so quit being a jerk and trying to start trouble around here. I answered the questions and addressed the issue at hand.

If you want to debate it further, then go scream into the toilet and see what response you get.

Grog

Banned
If you want to debate it further, then go scream into the toilet and see what response you get.

That's the kind of response we'd expect from loumag, is it his day off? :lol:

As for someone else submitting the correct info, no, someone else submitted false info, that's the entire issue. As for my current location, I do not remember anyone ever posting from here which would explain the incorrect listings that have been here for years.

BTW, when I want to act like a jerk, you'll know it. Right now I'm saying the things others have expressed to me in private, but they like to remain squeaky clean on here where as I have no problems raising the issues.

ecps92

And Eric has done a GREAT Job, stepping up to the plate in many Regions.
He had been one of the major Editors for the NorthEast [Land of the Living Kennedy's]
for the submissions I have made over the years.

Thanks Eric and thanks Lindsay

Lou is correct... we are moving those separate agency pages up to the county pages as time allows.. expect those to be migrated over time to the county page so that those separate agency pages no longer exist.

In all seriousness folks -Eric Carlson is a global administrator and our single largest manager of data on the site than anyone else. He knows more about communications systems, frequency plans, and how to manage data that most of you know your wives.

blantonl

Founder and CEO
Staff member
Super Moderator
That's the kind of response we'd expect from loumag, is it his day off? :lol:

(...)

BTW, when I want to act like a jerk, you'll know it. Right now I'm saying the things others have expressed to me in private, but they like to remain squeaky clean on here where as I have no problems raising the issues.

Well, I know it. You are acting like a jerk. Not only that, you are being confrontational, abrasive, and condicending.

A more mature participant on the site might contact me directly instead of jumping into a thread that has no bearing to anything remotely related to you, and goading lou into a pissing contest.

You want to battle with me, you got it. When you a ready to act like a mature participant and acutally help out around here instead of publically criticize the team, shoot mean message and we will talk. In the mean time, your participation is not welcome here.

Status
Not open for further replies.