DSDPlus Decoding a single frequency

Status
Not open for further replies.

jasoyeom

Hi I've been using DSDPlus Fastlane 2.28 since September and I normally load SDR# to the frequency I want to decode with a virtual cable output to the input of DSDPlus Fastlane where it picks up the audio and decodes it.

I just upgraded to DSDPlus Fastlane 2.42 and when I run it with a simple batch file that starts dsdplus with command line settings to set the input and output.

Example:

dsdplus -i1 -o1

Now when I use the batch file I get an error message DSD+ single receiver mode requires TCP linking to FMPA/FMPP/FMP24.

I have used FMP before with two sdr's decoding a trunking system but I just want to listen to a single non trunking frequency to decode nxdn, dmr etc.

I'm lost as to what to use now. What is the difference between all these FMP files?

a417

FMP is the legacy one, it allows you to change the sampling rate but it does not work with TCP linking.
FMPA is for airspy, IIRC...don't have one.

FMP24 is preferential and is optimized with TCP linking between FMP24 and DSD+. This is the new hotness.

your DSD command syntax is incorrect, you will something similar to the following

Code:
fmp24 -i"01" -o200001 -g20 -fXXX.YYYY
FMP24 runs the program, -i"01" tells my system to use dongle with serial #01, -o20001 tells FMP24 to put data out on TCP port 20001, -g20 gain set to 20, and -fXXX.YYYY sets the initial control channel.

Code:
dsdplus -i20001 -fa >> loggingfile.txt
DSDPLUS runs the program, -i20001 tells DSD to listen to TCP20001 for data (NOT VIRTUAL AUDIO CABLES), -fa decode all available protocols (skips DMR i think, have to read the help file) and the redirect output to a logging file.

this is the gist of a basic setup.

u2brent

OAMPT
Premium Subscriber
You can use the new Input Menu to allow Passive Monitoring.
Monitor Source Audio Always

jasoyeom

FMP is the legacy one, it allows you to change the sampling rate but it does not work with TCP linking.
FMPA is for airspy, IIRC...don't have one.

FMP24 is preferential and is optimized with TCP linking between FMP24 and DSD+. This is the new hotness.

your DSD command syntax is incorrect, you will something similar to the following

Code:
fmp24 -i"01" -o200001 -g20 -fXXX.YYYY
FMP24 runs the program, -i"01" tells my system to use dongle with serial #01, -o20001 tells FMP24 to put data out on TCP port 20001, -g20 gain set to 20, and -fXXX.YYYY sets the initial control channel.

Code:
dsdplus -i20001 -fa >> loggingfile.txt
DSDPLUS runs the program, -i20001 tells DSD to listen to TCP20001 for data (NOT VIRTUAL AUDIO CABLES), -fa decode all available protocols (skips DMR i think, have to read the help file) and the redirect output to a logging file.

this is the gist of a basic setup.
Thanks for this. It's a good start. I did get an error with -i"01" so I removed the quotes and it accepted the 01. I also removed the extra 0 in the port number and it worked. Dsdplus looks good as well.

Now I just have to wait for some activity.

a417

Thanks for this. It's a good start. I did get an error with -i"01" so I removed the quotes and it accepted the 01. I also removed the extra 0 in the
Didn't see that extra zero, sorry. But as for the -i flag, you should match that up with your dongle's serial number, not just any number. If you have one dongle attached for testing, you can omit the flag...it will find the first dongle you have.
I tried to change to Line 1 Virtual Audio cable but it's greyed out and I can't select it as an option.

You should not be trying to use Line 1 VAC, the TCP linking that you have enabled is preferential.

DRL-XM43

I am confused at why a virtual cable or sdr# is involved in monitoring/decoding a single frequency????

The application suite is FMP24(x) working with DSD+ being fed by a tcp port.

jasoyeom

I've only used FMP24 when using two sdr's for a trunking system. I've never used it for a single system so I'm just learning how this works.

u2brent

OAMPT
Premium Subscriber
Maybe :unsure: because I can't select Line 1 until after I've enable Monitor Source Audio although I use FMP24 like everyone else, If the OP wants to use SDR# with a VAC that's the hoop you need to jump through. You must select one of those available options, No Source Monitoring selected as my screenshot displays would not allow you select anything but TCP linking.
Yes that did the trick. I'm not going to use Line 1 as I'll use FMP24 from now on.
Glad you got it working the way you want.. (y)

u2brent

OAMPT
Premium Subscriber
You are correct, I was wrong.. :rolleyes: I'll try not to step in :poop: again..

Last edited:

G8OEO

Many thanks for all of the replies and for the notes file a417.
Must agree the DSD website does seem a bit short on up to date information,
Initially I assumed it was my fault for not looking in the right place.

Status
Not open for further replies.