Decoding DMR SMS messages.

Status
Not open for further replies.

3jaz

Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2015
Messages
6
Reaction score
0
Hello Everyone
First of all thanks for this amazing site and DSDPlus software which has made my life alot easier. Now to the question. I have been using DSDPlus to decode voice calls but is there a possibility to decode the sms message. I have a DMR radio and when I send a sms message the DSDPlus status windows detects it and shows that it had received a data header. I know the voice calls are saved in .wav file but i don't know if it save that data packets some where.
Any help regarding this would be very much appreciated.
Once again thanks for every thing.
 

3jaz

Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2015
Messages
6
Reaction score
0
jhampton2000 Thanks man it worked. DMRDecode gives the binary bit stream of the message and when I convert it to ASCII I get the original message. Thanks Dude
 

henrygb

Member
Joined
Dec 13, 2007
Messages
90
Reaction score
1
jhampton2000 Thanks man it worked. DMRDecode gives the binary bit stream of the message and when I convert it to ASCII I get the original message. Thanks Dude

Really it work? i tried it many times without luck. How did you convert it to ASCII?
 

SignalPatcher

Member
Joined
Jun 4, 2013
Messages
33
Reaction score
4
Only if I use the key, I get a result like this:
 

Attachments

  • Binary - Ascii.png
    Binary - Ascii.png
    11.4 KB · Views: 3,311

henrygb

Member
Joined
Dec 13, 2007
Messages
90
Reaction score
1
And i have the same thing, only symbols without letters or words, this is with mototrbo no encrypted. Maybe it work with DMR
 

3jaz

Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2015
Messages
6
Reaction score
0
Guys i am using hytera and it works just fine as mototrbo is also a DMR so it should work with it. I have got hands on one of mototrbo dmr base some how and let me see it it decodes it.
 

henrygb

Member
Joined
Dec 13, 2007
Messages
90
Reaction score
1
Maybe I'm doing something wrong. this is a sample using dmrdecode

Slot Type : Colour Code 1 Data Header
Proprietary Data : MFID=16 (Motorola)
0001000101110011000000000000000011111001011111011000001110000110
17:22:30 DMR Data Frame (BS)
CACH : TACT AT=1 Ch 1 Continuation fragment of LC
Slot Type : Colour Code 1 Idle
17:22:30 DMR Data Frame (BS)
CACH : TACT Ch 2 Continuation fragment of LC
Slot Type : Colour Code 1 Rate ¾ Data Continuation
000000011010111000000110000010000111111101110001111100110111000010110100001010001110101110100110110110101011110010001000001011101011100001010001
17:22:30 DMR Data Frame (BS)
CACH : TACT AT=1 Ch 1 Last fragment of LC
Slot Type : Colour Code 1 Idle
17:22:30 Short LC : Act_Updt - No activity on BS time slot 1 : Individual data activity on BS time slot 2 Hashed Addr 174
17:22:30 DMR Data Frame (BS)
CACH : TACT Ch 2 First fragment of LC
Slot Type : Colour Code 1 Rate ¾ Data Continuation
000000100010100010100011001011010100001100010001101111000101011101000101100101001111010110000101011000100111000110001001001110001000011101001000
17:22:30 DMR Data Frame (BS)
CACH : TACT AT=1 Ch 1 Continuation fragment of LC
Slot Type : Colour Code 1 Idle
17:22:31 DMR Data Frame (BS)
CACH : TACT Ch 2 Continuation fragment of LC
Slot Type : Colour Code 1 Rate ¾ Data Continuation
000001000101001100011100111111101011011000111011011111100000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000010111101110000010110110001001111
17:22:31 DMR Data Frame (BS)
CACH : TACT AT=1 Ch 1 Last fragment of LC
Slot Type : Colour Code 1 Idle

first question, this is sms data?

if "yes", can somebody try to decode it to ASCII?
 

Saint

Member
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Dec 19, 2002
Messages
5,225
Reaction score
1,495
Location
Fort Erie Ontario Canada
DECODE

Maybe I'm doing something wrong. this is a sample using dmrdecode

Slot Type : Colour Code 1 Data Header
Proprietary Data : MFID=16 (Motorola)
0001000101110011000000000000000011111001011111011000001110000110
17:22:30 DMR Data Frame (BS)
CACH : TACT AT=1 Ch 1 Continuation fragment of LC
Slot Type : Colour Code 1 Idle
17:22:30 DMR Data Frame (BS)
CACH : TACT Ch 2 Continuation fragment of LC
Slot Type : Colour Code 1 Rate ¾ Data Continuation
000000011010111000000110000010000111111101110001111100110111000010110100001010001110101110100110110110101011110010001000001011101011100001010001
17:22:30 DMR Data Frame (BS)
CACH : TACT AT=1 Ch 1 Last fragment of LC
Slot Type : Colour Code 1 Idle
17:22:30 Short LC : Act_Updt - No activity on BS time slot 1 : Individual data activity on BS time slot 2 Hashed Addr 174
17:22:30 DMR Data Frame (BS)
CACH : TACT Ch 2 First fragment of LC
Slot Type : Colour Code 1 Rate ¾ Data Continuation
000000100010100010100011001011010100001100010001101111000101011101000101100101001111010110000101011000100111000110001001001110001000011101001000
17:22:30 DMR Data Frame (BS)
CACH : TACT AT=1 Ch 1 Continuation fragment of LC
Slot Type : Colour Code 1 Idle
17:22:31 DMR Data Frame (BS)
CACH : TACT Ch 2 Continuation fragment of LC
Slot Type : Colour Code 1 Rate ¾ Data Continuation
000001000101001100011100111111101011011000111011011111100000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000010111101110000010110110001001111
17:22:31 DMR Data Frame (BS)
CACH : TACT AT=1 Ch 1 Last fragment of LC
Slot Type : Colour Code 1 Idle

first question, this is sms data?

if "yes", can somebody try to decode it to ASCII?

I tried to decode this and all I get is mumbo jumbo, it make no sence,
Steve
 

RonnieUSA

Member
Joined
Aug 8, 2005
Messages
2,149
Reaction score
1
Location
Rowan County,KY (Morehead)
I tried to decode this and all I get is mumbo jumbo, it make no sense,
Steve

How, and what are You trying to decode with?
The reason I ask is the only DMR I receive is utilities, and it couldn't be much more than a job ticket, or directions to where they are going next.
 
Last edited:

Saint

Member
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Dec 19, 2002
Messages
5,225
Reaction score
1,495
Location
Fort Erie Ontario Canada
decode

How, and what are You trying to decode with?
The reason I ask is the only DMR I receive is utilities, and it couldn't be much more than a job ticket, or directions to where they are going next.

Just wanted to see if messages could be decoded
Steve
 

3jaz

Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2015
Messages
6
Reaction score
0
Maybe I'm doing something wrong. this is a sample using dmrdecode

Slot Type : Colour Code 1 Data Header
Proprietary Data : MFID=16 (Motorola)
0001000101110011000000000000000011111001011111011000001110000110
17:22:30 DMR Data Frame (BS)
CACH : TACT AT=1 Ch 1 Continuation fragment of LC
Slot Type : Colour Code 1 Idle
17:22:30 DMR Data Frame (BS)
CACH : TACT Ch 2 Continuation fragment of LC
Slot Type : Colour Code 1 Rate ¾ Data Continuation
000000011010111000000110000010000111111101110001111100110111000010110100001010001110101110100110110110101011110010001000001011101011100001010001
17:22:30 DMR Data Frame (BS)
CACH : TACT AT=1 Ch 1 Last fragment of LC
Slot Type : Colour Code 1 Idle
17:22:30 Short LC : Act_Updt - No activity on BS time slot 1 : Individual data activity on BS time slot 2 Hashed Addr 174
17:22:30 DMR Data Frame (BS)
CACH : TACT Ch 2 First fragment of LC
Slot Type : Colour Code 1 Rate ¾ Data Continuation
000000100010100010100011001011010100001100010001101111000101011101000101100101001111010110000101011000100111000110001001001110001000011101001000
17:22:30 DMR Data Frame (BS)
CACH : TACT AT=1 Ch 1 Continuation fragment of LC
Slot Type : Colour Code 1 Idle
17:22:31 DMR Data Frame (BS)
CACH : TACT Ch 2 Continuation fragment of LC
Slot Type : Colour Code 1 Rate ¾ Data Continuation
000001000101001100011100111111101011011000111011011111100000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000010111101110000010110110001001111
17:22:31 DMR Data Frame (BS)
CACH : TACT AT=1 Ch 1 Last fragment of LC
Slot Type : Colour Code 1 Idle

first question, this is sms data?

if "yes", can somebody try to decode it to ASCII?

Are you sure that the communication is not encrypted because
The line "Proprietary Data : MFID=16 (Motorola)" can mean that they are using encryption.
 

henrygb

Member
Joined
Dec 13, 2007
Messages
90
Reaction score
1
Always think, that line identify mototrbo wich is motorola protocol. Dmr is a protocol compatible with mototrbo without some functions. This reason I think decode sms only work with dmr
 

3jaz

Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2015
Messages
6
Reaction score
0
Always think, that line identify mototrbo wich is motorola protocol. Dmr is a protocol compatible with mototrbo without some functions. This reason I think decode sms only work with dmr

It works just have a plain capture of dmr.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top