DEMHS Mobitex

Status
Not open for further replies.
EVERYONE WATCH YOUR SCANNERS OR ELSE UNIDEN IS GOING TO BE MAKING ALOT OF MONEY OFF OF YOU.

As if The Department of homeland security doesnt need more frequencies................ been traveling around new london county and also windham county and ive been picking up in the 800 and 900 bands some sort of clicking sound with a full scale signal. checked out the sound and its a mobitex system transmitting and then checked out the frequencies ive heard it on. only one popped up and it belongs to demhs. the signal has been totally destroying everything above 800mhz in my scanner. attenuator makes it worst if i set it on. i am gonna take a wild guess and say they dont want us americans having a scanner hobby. just makes me sick they have to crunch these unused un-needed transmitters in place. out of all frequencies they own ive only heard one used and it was once for a radio roll call net and probably 1/3 of the dispatches in the state werent monitoring the radio and never responded. just watch out because ive already had to have my scanner repaired because of strong signals like that and it looks like the temp worker that jumped the fence in mexico is going to be jumping it again to fix my scanner.

Cskib32087

Your saying that DEMHS is puting out high power bursts to kill our scanners in CT

And you got a high power burst that broke your scanner.

This I have to print out to show people...They wont beleve me if I just tell them

KB1JHU

... ive been picking up in the 800 and 900 bands some sort of clicking sound with a full scale signal. checked out the sound and its a mobitex system transmitting and then checked out the frequencies ive heard it on. only one popped up and it belongs to demhs.

What are the exact frequencies?

cg

Premium Subscriber
I haven't seen paranoia like that in a while. Adjust your tin foil hat.
My opinion is that you are hearing Nextel sites which populate various parts of the 800 and 900 LMR bands. I have a site about 1/4 mile from me that is licensed for 1000 watts. I have not had any radio damage however the interference is substantial. They are operating under a valid FCC license issued to Nextel.

chris

well i wouldnt go as far as to say they are doing it to kill scanners but their signals coincidently knocking the signal out and im finding more and more as i drive through alot of towns. as far as nextel those towers do the same thing which is the reason why my scanner just switches into scan mode looking for a frequency for csp if i get anywhere around the brown park area of norwich. i was sitting at mohegan sun gas station yesterday when i picked up the signal on numerous 900 frequencies and finally traced it down to 860.2375.its a frequency that has popped up in quite a few searches with the same signal. my scanner was killed before because of strong signal interference but not specifically DEMHS. mine was killed by a very strong vhf signal but in the same style. constant cutting out of the 800 band where i would see a strong signal from csp but it would jump up and down once and awhile and when they would talk the signal would be there but they would sound as if i was on the fringe of their tower with no signal. eventually the csp's signal would drop down on my scanner over time to the point where i could be right next to one of their towers and the scanner would be searching for a frequency instead of seeing a full scale signal. its pretty evident that none of these agencies want us listening to them hence the reason why they keep coming out with more digital data modes. the signal that i was hearing was a mobitex signal though.

it sounds like ............ "click click click clickclick click click click." nextel sounds more like a very loud continuous buzz. you can actually pick that up if you switch your scan search bank into 7.5khz and search the 856-867 range.

bluefox2163

interference

i was getting some serious interference on sunday on 460 mhz that was blasting out my reception of enfield i live in newbritain,it was really pissin me off but it went away for now

cg

Premium Subscriber
Nextel is licensed for 240 watts from Cohanzie Fire Station on 860.2375 (WQUI776). Nextel interference is a fairly rapid (2-3/second) chugging noise. Adjacent channels may sound like clicking if you have the squelch turned up.

chris

well i read up on the mobitex a bit and thats pretty much what it is. its a data system for computers in cars and what have you. i was out in hartford today and all over the 900 mhz band it was covered in that clicking. youll know what i mean if you do a scan because theres a good possibility that you live near something, its funny the amount of power nextel puts out and their service sucks. i do know nextel is the worst. whenever i get near any of their towers that scanner just stops recieving anything. as far as that uhf that i find weird. its possible it could have been mixing. that will give you that pocsag pager noise. i listened to enfield pd today actually. they sound pretty clear down in hartford.

Status
Not open for further replies.