digital scanner

Status
Not open for further replies.

OldDeadOne

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
Would it be worth it to get a digital scanner now here in WV? I have a old Radio Shack 2040 and I feel like it's on it's last legs,APCO 25 is here in WV? Been looking at both base and mobile Unidens(I hope to get one under $300 if that is possible). Compared to the analog scanner I have and buying one that has trunking and the APCO 25,would I be picking up more stuff? In Fayetteville I can pick up Charleston,Summersville and Beckley with my old scanner. I really been wanting to hear more stuff.

mike_s104

Premium Subscriber
Would it be worth it to get a digital scanner now here in WV? I have a old Radio Shack 2040 and I feel like it's on it's last legs,APCO 25 is here in WV? Been looking at both base and mobile Unidens(I hope to get one under $300 if that is possible). Compared to the analog scanner I have and buying one that has trunking and the APCO 25,would I be picking up more stuff? In Fayetteville I can pick up Charleston,Summersville and Beckley with my old scanner. I really been wanting to hear more stuff.

I would. The WVIRP is all digital and other agencies like DNR are moving to digital. Federal agencies are moving in that direction as well. I think it would be a good decision to get it now and not have to worry about it when it comes time to need it.

Please ask any questions here if you need any help.

OldDeadOne

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
Thanks,Mike and glad to be part of this forum especially there is one dedicated to WV scanning(been searching for a forum like this).

Status
Not open for further replies.