Display Question (SDS 200)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BOBRR

Hi,

Hate to ask these really simple ones, but have been trying to master this "toy", and truly have put many, many hours into it.
Think i have it finally to the point where i can actually use it, but just so, so, many other facets that are confusing.

Here's a simple one:

Have 9 QK for my FL's, and all are enabled, as best I know.

The Display, though, only shows at the F0 line a "1" for QK 1 (I assume)
All the other spaces have a "-"

But, if I scroll with the Function Knob, a 2, appears, and further scrolling, a 3, etc.

Shouldn't this line have all the enabled ones ?

Not blinking if not selected, blinking if selected ?

Why only one number shows, and why not blinking ?
-------
And, any info. on when a printed copy of Mark's Easier To Read... might be avail. ?
Does he answer eMails ? If so, anyone know what it is ?

Thanks,
Bob

toad99

Premium Subscriber
Under Menu - Set Scan Selection - Select Lists to Monitor

Set your favorite lists to "on", then you will be able to toggle them off and on with the number keys, the unselected ones will show up as *.

The monitor setting is also part of the profile for your scanner as set up in Sentinel - however sometimes (I'm not sure why) the monitor settings may not be transferred to the scanner. I don't think monitor is set to "on" by default, so you just have to confirm this manually in the menu.

The "Manage Quick Key Status" menu reflects whether a favorites list is toggled on or off. If you can't remember the names of all your quick keys, you can use this menu to select which quick keys to toggle on or off. Quick key status is also a setting in the profile.

lbashaw

I thoroughly learn so much just by reading these types of posts! Sentinel is an excellant tool once you learn the "ins and outs'! I am in a constant learning mode. thank you for offering useful and constructive information.

toad99

Premium Subscriber
Also, be sure you have actually assigned a quick key # to each favorites list, as this is not an automatic function. This is an "option" in FL setup.
If you don't have a quick key assignment, the FL is always scanned, and you can't turn it on or off, except by the "monitor" setting.

BOBRR

Hi,

Thanks all. Most appreciative for the help.
And especially for putting up with my "very basic" Posts.
I truly try very hard to find the answer before Posting, but...

Another simple one, please:

Re the 3 soft keys on the bottom, that are used for Holds: (used for anything else ?)

How do I know if any of the three is activated/selected ?

And, is simply turning the scroll Knob all that is required to de-activate (all) of them ?

Thanks again,
Bob

KWs

Premium Subscriber
Pressing the func knob brings up 3 more options on the soft key buttons

toad99

Premium Subscriber
The system/department/channel lines in the display will reverse colors when the hold key is pressed.
If a channel is on hold, you can scroll through channels with the scroll knob, and the hold will still be active. Press channel again to turn off hold.

One thing I would like to see is a way to "hold" on a favorites list, but this is not available.

Kaleier1

Hi,

Re the 3 soft keys on the bottom, that are used for Holds: (used for anything else ?)

And, is simply turning the scroll Knob all that is required to de-activate (all) of them ?

Thanks again,
Bob
The three soft keys at the bottom are mainly used for Holds but will change depending what the scanner is doing, however they label above them will change to reflect that. For example, if you have the scanner doing a search between frequencies to find active ones, one of the soft keys will change to a "Resume Scanning" key.

To tell if any of the three is selected look at the display. The held System, Department, or Channel will "highlight" or more appropriately reverse colors . In other words, if my display is set to show the system field as orange text on a black background, holding on that system will now change the display to show the system as black text with an orange background. If my display is set up to show departments as black text on a yellow background, when I hold on a department the department field will change to yellow text on a black background. Once you release the hold it will switch back.

gcopter1

Premium Subscriber
Hi,

Thanks again,
Bob
You would know they are active, depending on which key was actually pressed, it will be held and highlighted in the screen.
For example, pressing the "Channel" key, stops scanning on that particular channel and it will be highlighted in the screen.

Status
Not open for further replies.