SDS100/SDS200: Display setup!

Status
Not open for further replies.

trentbob

W3BUX- Bucks County, PA
Premium Subscriber
No this was just a mock-up Photoshoped for an ad before we knew what the real radio looked like. If you look at the radio carefully it's different than the real one. Notice the battery indicator light and the system indicator light are not correct.

mandlair

Has anyone done a display similar? I have not tried anything yet! I guess I do it from Sentinal? tia Mike

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
I guess I do it from Sentinal? tia Mike

Yes....

From Sentinel top tool bar, first select...

tools ---> target model ---> SDS100

then select...

edit ---> edit display

when finished click "save", close the display edit window, then...

scanner ---> write to scanner

trentbob

W3BUX- Bucks County, PA
Premium Subscriber
Enjoy yourself as there are so many ways to customize, I prefer the black and white and I removed most of the stuff from the screen that I find unnecessary and I moved things around leaving just the pertinent things that I want.

I personally don't like all the clutter and I do the county and zone the same way I do it on my APX.

Maybe around Christmas time I'll do it in red and green just to be festive LOL.

Enjoy, don't forget to display the type of filters you're using on each object, it comes in real Handy.

Have fun... Bob.

SteveSimpkin

Premium Subscriber
From Sentinel, you can export and import just the custom display settings. The following thread shows how and has some examples of custom screen configuration XML files that others have done.

trentbob

W3BUX- Bucks County, PA
Premium Subscriber
Was this setup done using sentinel? A link as to how ?
In a nutshell the answer is... No, I did not do this in Sentinel. You certainly can though if you want.

I do use sentinel for programming frequencies for the most part but a lot of the changes I make on the 100 and the 200 I do right on the radio when I get the urge to do it. Usually it's impulsively. When I get back to the computer the first thing I do is transfer all the changes from the radio to Sentinel

The only time I had my radio lit up like a Christmas tree was the first 15 minutes I had it. I went right to the black background with the white text and it has stayed that way.

One day I was looking at the screen at all of this information I didn't need like control channels and TG numbers excetera excetera and I just cleaned it all off except for the few things I really needed as you can see in the photo. On that system it only has one site called simulcast but on others that have multiple sites I left that on along with the other things you see. I put the favorites list name on the top and replaced the system name with the line across the top, I know what system that is. I did the lettering the same way I program the Motorola.

Use the manual or just Google display or how to change display or any combination thereof and it'll tell you how to do it, it's rather easy.

Peerlessk

In a nutshell the answer is... No, I did not do this in Sentinel. You certainly can though if you want.

I do use sentinel for programming frequencies for the most part but a lot of the changes I make on the 100 and the 200 I do right on the radio when I get the urge to do it. Usually it's impulsively. When I get back to the computer the first thing I do is transfer all the changes from the radio to Sentinel

The only time I had my radio lit up like a Christmas tree was the first 15 minutes I had it. I went right to the black background with the white text and it has stayed that way.

One day I was looking at the screen at all of this information I didn't need like control channels and TG numbers excetera excetera and I just cleaned it all off except for the few things I really needed as you can see in the photo. On that system it only has one site called simulcast but on others that have multiple sites I left that on along with the other things you see. I put the favorites list name on the top and replaced the system name with the line across the top, I know what system that is. I did the lettering the same way I program the Motorola.

Use the manual or just Google display or how to change display or any combination thereof and it'll tell you how to do it, it's rather easy.
I think I get it . I’ll have to play around with mine . Thanks for the response

TailGator911

Silent Key/KF4ANC
You can also have a 'backup' display screen to switch back and forth, having independent settings for detailed trunk or simple trunk and detailed conventional and simple conventional. For on the radio desk I have the detailed versions customized in colors of my choosing, but when I go mobile with my SDS100/200 I choose the simple mode where I have it much like trentbob's screen, the simple modes are black screen and white font and information severely edited to just what I need to see and it is much easier to read at night or in daylight. That is one of the many features I find so great about the SDS series scanners - opening messages, display settings, optimal filters, customized scan lists, etc - you can make it your own, fully customizable to your own unique specifications. No other scanner like it in the world.

JD
kf4anc

trentbob

W3BUX- Bucks County, PA
Premium Subscriber
You can also have a 'backup' display screen to switch back and forth, having independent settings for detailed trunk or simple trunk and detailed conventional and simple conventional. For on the radio desk I have the detailed versions customized in colors of my choosing, but when I go mobile with my SDS100/200 I choose the simple mode where I have it much like trentbob's screen, the simple modes are black screen and white font and information severely edited to just what I need to see and it is much easier to read at night or in daylight. That is one of the many features I find so great about the SDS series scanners - opening messages, display settings, optimal filters, customized scan lists, etc - you can make it your own, fully customizable to your own unique specifications. No other scanner like it in the world.

JD
kf4anc
Yes JD so very true. As people get more and more comfortable with it they will slowly advance and discover something new. So many devices you master in so much time and then you're singing the old song "is that all there is my friend"... LOL.

Status
Not open for further replies.