Dispute infractions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skylloga

How are you suppose to respond to the admins when you cant send pm or access the email friend option? Not every thing needs to be brought out in public but, since I cant I want to address a infractuion I just recieved for something that is completely uncalled for.

And I quote:

Dear cjflinn74,

You have received an infraction at The RadioReference.com Forums.

Reason: Intentions to acquire or provide copyrighted software
-------
Sorry but asking for Motorola software on the forums or through PM's is not allowed.

While members have the opinion that older software is not protected by Motorola, RadioReference is not about to take a chance.
-------

This infraction is worth 3 point(s) and may result in restricted access until it expires. Serious infractions will never expire.

Redacted to avoid another uncalled for infraction.

All the best,
The RadioReference.com Forums

Sorry but I don't accept PM's. Please use email instead.

Mike,

First if you issue a infraction why not offer the person the ability to dispute it via some sort of system that is available to all member new and old?

Second off the software in question I was told by motorola to find a local shop and get it from them. That is no different then getting it from a person online.

Third I said I could not pm people to see if they still had it. I never said I was going to ask them to give it to me. Honestly I have the software that I found from another source, I just wanted some help because its not working for me 50% of the time. And the best way to get help is if somebody can open their version and talk the person asking for help through it.

Since I cant email or pm the mod Im left with being upset because I was not trying to get software that is only available from moto. I was trying to find somebody that had it and could help me. Even if I was asking for it I was told to reach out to a local shop and see if they had it. As can be seen in the picture below Moto told me they dont have it anymore and to do exactly what I did and reach out to somebody that did.

BTW right after I posted my original post I seen this and it has posts from yesterday. It just reaffirms Moto is not worried about the old software and if somebody asks for it via forum post or through private message/email they probably wont come break down a door to arrest you.

Attachments

• mol cp125.jpg
    mol cp125.jpg
    16 KB · Views: 5
Status
Not open for further replies.