DMR hopes for the PSR-800

Status
Not open for further replies.

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
It works I see the settings in the menu in the radio is not there wonder why? In the software I don't see auto LCN either.

EricCottrell

Premium Subscriber
It works I see the settings in the menu in the radio is not there wonder why? In the software I don't see auto LCN either.
Hello,

The menu structure has changed slightly. Settings is under the Program Menu as Global Settings. There is now editing of the loaded systems and conventional frequencies as well. I like the scan object editing as much as DMR.

The LTR AutoMove is set on the Site Options tab in the LTR Site Information as Automatically adjust home repeaters.

73 Eric

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
Hello,

The menu structure has changed slightly. Settings is under the Program Menu as Global Settings. There is now editing of the loaded systems and conventional frequencies as well. I like the scan object editing as much as DMR.

The LTR AutoMove is set on the Site Options tab in the LTR Site Information as Automatically adjust home repeaters.

73 Eric

I saw all that when I was looking around 😎 Too bad on dmr trunk didn't have auto adjust home repeater

CanesFan95

Well, I got it working. This is awesome! The PSR-800 (now WS-1080) is working GREAT on a local DMR ham repeater. A big thanks to Eric Cottrell (and others).

Say, is there anyway to have radio ID aliases programmed and saved for a conventional DMR frequency? Or is that only available for trunking? I'd like to put the whole DMR-MARC database into the radio to see the ham callsigns.

EricCottrell

Premium Subscriber
I saw all that when I was looking around 😎 Too bad on dmr trunk didn't have auto adjust home repeater
Hello,

The DMR trunk must just go through the defined frequencies looking for voice, going by the way it works and not having to put in LCNs. It is possible as trunked DMR puts the same data in the voice stream as analog.

73 Eric

rbrtklamp2

Premium Subscriber
Thanks to everyone who helped me with this I now have a working psr800 that decodes dmr this is great. Thank you again everyone.
Merry Christmas,
Bob

jjcamilli

Premium Subscriber
Thanks

Just wanted to say thanks for building the application. I am now able to receive DMR here in the Atlanta area.

Joe N7QPP

KCoax

Premium Subscriber
When I try to write the 3.8 file to the PSR-800 scanner I get Error: Wrong firmware file for the scanner. I've disconnected the USB, took out the batteries and pushed the power button for more than 30 seconds (several times). Anyone had this issue?

AtlasFBG2

Under settings did you select psr800 as scanner type and ws1080 as firmware?

To put it in update mode you hold menu then press power.

adcockfred

Scanner screen shows, boot ver f1.0 appl veru4.4 cpu sw upgrade :waiting for usb. no audio, have truncking c c s and signal. but when I check updates with 1080 program it shows cpu 3.0. Did you say I could not load cpu firmware with pc app? Did start with fresh card but loaded gre stuff first and it did talk. Should I start over with another fresh card, old card was corrupted,

trp2525

...when I check updates with 1080 program it shows cpu 3.0...

If you are looking for DMR you need to have WS1080 CPU firmware version 3.3 or higher as Whistler introduced DMR with WS1080 CPU firmware version 3.3 on 05-31-2016 (see CPU firmware release notes below). As others have posted here on RR, CPU firmware versions above 3.8 do not currently work properly (no P25 or DMR receive has been reported) when loaded into a PRO-18, PRO-668 or PSR-800.

Whistler EZ SCAN Digital
Handheld Trunking Scanner
CPU Firmware
Release Notes

Version U3.3 - May 31, 2016
o color code and slot for DMR (as a text field)
o frequency data
o squelch mode and value for CONV and SRCH
• fixed bug in scan engine when disabling the only enabled scan list
• remote control protocol
• Added DMR

adcockfred

I pull the cfg file out of psr-800 program and put in 1080 program. still no voice, better go for another new sd card

Wackyracer

Premium Subscriber
so I need the dsp files out of psr-800 code plug?

No, you download ezscan for the 1080 from whistler (you need this to update DSP and library and setting BUT NOT cpu firmware).

You download the grefwtool and put the 3.8 firmware into that folder after you install the tool.

Status
Not open for further replies.