DMR hopes for the PSR-800

Status
Not open for further replies.

adcockfred

So you are saying open file in tool where it shows progression of up dated. Copy 3.8 and paste in whistler program then load into scanner from Whistler program. Is that why Eric says you can't load 3.8 from tool.

milcom_chaser

So you are saying open file in tool where it shows progression of up dated. Copy 3.8 and paste in whistler program then load into scanner from Whistler program. Is that why Eric says you can't load 3.8 from tool.

You use Eric's Tool to update the firmware. You use EZ Scan 1080 to update the DSP. The firmware ( .bin) file needs to be in the main folder of his program. Not EZ Scan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

adcockfred

Ok bin files needs to be put in tool. I got that much. But the only place I see 3.8 in in file in tool. So your saying 3.8 file to drag and drop is in Whistler 1080 program?

adcockfred

I never had the Whitlser 1080 program until yesterday , so when I down loaded it the firmware from the website it was 4.4 I am just like that other guy in this thread. We don't know where 3.8 is.

milcom_chaser

Check your inbox on RR...

milcom_chaser

It is same user name as R. R. at yahoo

Here's the directions on how to do this:

The procedure to change firmware....

The following assumes you already have the GREFWTOOL tool with the firmware 3.8 in that folder, and ezscan software ( FREE from whistler) on your computer and you have archived your data.

1) Start the GREFWTOOL tool

2) Take the batteries out of your scanner and unplug it

3) Press and hold the menu button while inserting the usb cable (one end already plugged into the computer) once plugged in, let go of the menu button. WAIT for the beep from your computer. It could take up to 30 seconds.

4) In the grefwtool go to settings and press rescan, the comport should be filled in, Scanner type is the scanner you are connected to, Firmware is what you want the scanner to become WS1080 in most cases unless your restoring..

5) Select connect to scanner icon

6) Select UPDATE firmware in scanner icon, select firmware ws1080e U3.8.bin (DO NOT select the download firmware button! it will give you the latest and it only partially works. It will not provide DMR, DIGITAL or P25 on your scanner as of this writing) Your scanners should now be upgrading the firmware. It will shut down when done.

7) Go into ezscan (NOT iSCAN) do the DSP UPDATE, library updates and/or restore from archive or. transfer database if needed. via the cable or card reader DO NOT ALLOW A FIRMWARE UPDATE UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE AND TESTING SHOWS ANOTHER FIRMWARE WORKS 100%

8) Turn your scanner on, if it loads fine and works, put the batteries in and enjoy the fruit of Eric's work!!!

adcockfred

the con+ works, have not tried any cap+ yet, but nxdn has the sideways s, which means I can not load from library. is this the place where I populate nxdn frequencies as conventional? I did populate library from whitsler program.

W4KRR

Premium Subscriber
the con+ works, have not tried any cap+ yet, but nxdn has the sideways s, which means I can not load from library. is this the place where I populate nxdn frequencies as conventional? I did populate library from whitsler program.

You mean DMR? It won't do NXDN.

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
I notice on the PSR800 Cap+ system I hear audio on TG's where the 536hp doesn't get the audio it shows the TG for a second than scans again. Feeling confused on that.

mkinkade

Premium Subscriber
Works great! Thanks to Eric for creating this tool and to milcom_chaser for the help and the easy to follow instructions.

Status
Not open for further replies.