DMR in NC

IcomIcR20

Premium Subscriber
I haven't been on RR that much lately, so I probably missed it, but could you please tell me where to find Upman's spreadsheet?

Thanks!
IcomIcR20

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
I'm picking up DMR in Winston-Salem on 450.875, Slot 2, Color 7 discussing the WS Cycling Classic Road Race in the Buena Vista area. According to Upman's Excel spreadsheet, there is no such frequency licensed in WS. Rental radios possibly?

Quite possibly so. Bearcomm (DMR Rental Source) has been targeting NC heavily and has been giving Wireless a strong competitor from the mountains to the coast.

Marshall KE4ZNR

theoldcop

Premium Subscriber
A little help guys? During a search my 436 landed on 860.0625, Con, Slot 2, CC8. An investigation reveals that this frequency is licensed to Seacoast Communications, an LTR system I can hear quite well here in Wilmington.
My question is, how is it I get the DMR info. on that frequency when it is listed as part of the LTR Standard frequency assignments?
Thank you.
John

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
A little help guys? During a search my 436 landed on 860.0625, Con, Slot 2, CC8. An investigation reveals that this frequency is licensed to Seacoast Communications, an LTR system I can hear quite well here in Wilmington.
My question is, how is it I get the DMR info. on that frequency when it is listed as part of the LTR Standard frequency assignments?
Thank you.
John

Hey John,
It has been reported in other cities/areas that systems that may be marked with a no longer supported system type (such as LTR) might show DMR. This is due to the end user upgrading the system part by part as funds allow (and radios can be purchased).

I can only guess but having systems "in flux" of change has been noted elsewhere.

Are you sure that the LTR system is still on the air?

Marshall KE4ZNR

theoldcop

Premium Subscriber
Sure of both Marshall and, as a matter of fact, I can confirm landscapers using that DMR system, TG 21200!! My first non-ham DMR reception!

Hey John,
It has been reported in other cities/areas that systems that may be marked with a no longer supported system type (such as LTR) might show DMR. This is due to the end user upgrading the system part by part as funds allow (and radios can be purchased).

I can only guess but having systems "in flux" of change has been noted elsewhere.

Are you sure that the LTR system is still on the air?

Marshall KE4ZNR

GamecockSJ

I've got the LCNs straight for the Greenville Utilities Commission MotoTRBO Con+ system. I've been scanning the system and picking up voice traffic today. Going to post to the database soon.

Here they are in case anyone wants to scan now:

1 - 855.8625
2 - 856.4125
3 - 855.3875
4 - 858.4125
5 - 854.8875
6 - 855.1375
7 - 857.4125
8 - 855.6375

Last edited:

NCFireman11

Premium Subscriber
Got several hits today from a dump truck or concrete company on a CON+ system. The frequency was 454.625 Color 13. When it comes up as a conventional channel, the net is 2016, site 12 and the TGID (which I missed). The conversations mentioned Hwy 150 & Hwy 16 (which is in Denver) as well as I-77. This is well beyond my listening range from Winston-Salem with my BCD436. After looking at the FCC license search, there is no 454.625 registered in all of NC for voice, only paging & radio telephone (License # KUS287).

I'm thinking this is part of a system like FleetTalk only its a CON+ system. Any insights of what I'm picking up?

Got several hits today from a dump truck or concrete company on a CON+ system. The frequency was 454.625 Color 13. When it comes up as a conventional channel, the net is 2016, site 12 and the TGID (which I missed). The conversations mentioned Hwy 150 & Hwy 16 (which is in Denver) as well as I-77. This is well beyond my listening range from Winston-Salem with my BCD436. After looking at the FCC license search, there is no 454.625 registered in all of NC for voice, only paging & radio telephone (License # KUS287).

I'm thinking this is part of a system like FleetTalk only its a CON+ system. Any insights of what I'm picking up?

You might want to check for other frequencies right around 454.625. Lots of these UHF DMR systems, LTR systems etc are starting to use the "splinters". The next step from 454.625 is 454.6125 and 454.6375 etc. My 436 will lock onto a very nearby/close frequency at times, and show it is a standard decimal point like 453.185, but the actual frequency is found to be 453.1875...

It's worth looking into...

AlphaFive

Public Service Company of N.C. (PSCG)

If anyone is working on Public Service Company of North Carolina (Utilities DMR), WQLV395. The Licensee is located in South Carolina, so needless to say, an F.C.C. uls will need to be targeted to S.C. Take care

AlphaFive

454 mhz oddity

Two Connect Plus frequencies that are difficult to pin down. In the Asheville area 454.3250 is a full strength, active Connect Plus frequency. Just a short test run will provide T.G. 2039. In analyze function, the LCN is 1. I have conducted a geo search of up to 75 miles from Asheville with no success. The only hit that would cover Asheville is FCCA (WPZF903), a paging company assigned a block of frequencies that encompasses 454.3250. My limited understanding of that system would rule it out. I utilized the original zip file from Uniden with DMR license listings, I went out 200 miles and no hit on the freq.
454.4750 is a full strength, active connect Plus frequency. Just a short test run will provide T.G. 911. In analyze function, the LCN is 1. I have conducted a geo search of up to 75 miles, and found no transmit locations. Also the Uniden DMR zip file had nothing within 200 miles.
I reviewed every file I could find on Low Power systems, those two frequencies don't fall under any listing of allocations or manufacturers. Is anyone working either of these two frequencies that might have more information. The use of the channels is hard to determine because the conversations are short and vague. Thank you for your help.

Airboss

Silent Key
Interesting hit here this afternoon. While searching on 436 had 462.575 MHz (GMRS freq) with a DMR CC1 Slot 1 hit. Sounded like some sort of neighborhood watch or security concern. Very strong here in Brasstown, Clay Co.

Probably the Fires Creek 575 GMRS repeater located down in Hayesville.

mitreffahcs

Premium Subscriber
DMR-MARC Repeater in Sanford?

Anyone here notice anything going on with the DMR-MARC repeater in Sanford? I haven't heard a single transmission out of it for the past 2-3 days. Tried checking the status at the link listed on the DMR-MARC site, but those links never work for me, even for repeaters that are up and running.

Chris-KH2PM

Premium Subscriber
Anyone here notice anything going on with the DMR-MARC repeater in Sanford? I haven't heard a single transmission out of it for the past 2-3 days.

It's up and running, and I can access it from the South side of Raleigh. Nobody responded to me when I made a couple of calls. I checked the 'last-heard' list shortly afterwards and my contact didn't show up.
Last Heard | PRN
I'm guessing it's not connected to a C-Bridge in the NCPRN system at this time. I don't know anyone that
uses that machine nor do I on any regular basis.

The 'echoTest' talkgroup is not working in 'Parrot' mode anywhere in the NCPRN system. Typically when you transmit on that TG, it's repeated back for test purposes but has been down for awhile.

mitreffahcs

Premium Subscriber
That's not good, I heard you just a few minutes ago on my TRX-2 but neither my radios broke squelch... Guess I'll have to look at my radios this weekend and see whats up with them.