BCD436HP/BCD536HP: DMR Programming

Status
Not open for further replies.

mike_s104

Premium Subscriber
I've looked over past post but nothing stands out as a resultion.

I'm trying to program in a single DMR freq. I know the slot, cc and TG ID. I've tried as a single channel DMR site and as conventional. I can't hear anything either way. Everything works with a TXR1 and 2 updated PSR-800s (to WS1080s). I have the radio so I can test as needed.

Ubbe

Program it as analog FM and listen. You should be able to hear the datasignal. Open the squelch fully and wait for a call. If you do not hear anything and the other scanners work ok it must be something in 436 that needs adjustment. Perhaps you have broadcast screen on for that frequency range. If you hear data it must be that you have not installed the DMR option properly?

/Ubbe

mike_s104

Premium Subscriber
Thanks. Everthing is set right and the update is installed correctly. I can hear it break the squelch for a sec but that's it.

Also, latest update has been installed also.

I've been away from any discussion on this for a while so I may not be up to date on everything.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Last edited:

kevino

Database Administrator
Database Admin
Simplex. Direct from the radio.

There's your problem - but it really shouldn't be a problem, should it? It has been my experience with my '436 that it doesn't do DMR simplex. Hope (against hope?) that one day Uniden will come out with a fix for this issue.

racingfan360

For best results, I'd recommend the following settings for DMR Simplex decoding:
Modulation FM
100ms wait time
Manual Threshold set at 5 (or below - with ARC536PRO you can trick the threshold to be set at less than 5: Manual 1 or 2 seems best)

As kevino has already pointed out, don't expect miracles: the '436 is pretty hopeless at DMR simplex, and very poor in comparison with competitor products such as the Whistler.

mike_s104

Premium Subscriber
Got it to work. I read somewhere else that they have the slots backwards. Slot is 1 so I set it to 2 with modulation to FM as suggested here. This is as a single freq DMR system or conventional. Stupid.

If I set the slot to "any" it decodes about every other sec. Still misses the first 1-3 seconds of the transmission and choppy. Whistlers works flawlessly.

What a huge disappointment. I'd sell it if Whistler had a unit that did ProVoice.

JJMNIZ

Try changing the DMR Threshold to "8" (MENU, SETTINGS, DMR THRESHOLD). It helped with a BCD325P2 here, but reception of simplex DNR (direct radio-to-radio, no repeater) is still not very reliable.

fdnyfish

Feed Provider
So why is it that If I tx from my TYT DMR radio the 436 does not hear it on a simplex frequency, but the 436 hears my OpenSpot that is Transmitting on a simplex frequency.

I can sit in my shack, transmit to my openspot, and the 436 comes in loud and clear.

Ubbe

Your open spot are transmitting both slots, just like a repeater, but only one is used. It then sends a continuos datastream that the scanner can handle, just like any other DMR repeater.

/Ubbe

Status
Not open for further replies.