BCD436HP/BCD536HP: DMR Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

kf4sek

Hey there. I recently upgraded my BCD436HP to have the DMR/MotoTRBO add-on. I am receiving DMR repeaters just fine. However, recently I tried to pick up simplex conversations on DMR (Talk-around) and the scanner would not decode the data. Does the DMR add-on only work for repeaters and trunked repeaters? Or, do I have the decode threshold (or other setting) set too high?

Please forgive me if this has been discussed before. I did not see it in the forums.

kma371

QRT
DMR decode works for all DMR transmissions. Is the signal you are trying to monitor encrypted?

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
There are some x36 DMR firmware bug issues that are currently being resolved by Uniden. There have been 3 beta test firmware versions in the last 2 weeks, so the issues should be resolved soon.

https://forums.radioreference.com/u...cdx36hp-false-tgid-display-investigation.html

There are several issues being looked at in this thread besides the one mentioned in the title, some of which are specific to DMR, and others which affect P25 as well.

kf4sek

racingfan360

Good to see updates being developed....Unfortunately none of the firmware updates are helping make that breakthrough performance uplift required to provide reliable and quality simplex dmr decoding IMHO. The Whistler TRX or even a tapped scanner feeding DSD+ perform much better than the 436 on simplex.

Status
Not open for further replies.