DMR System Vs DMR?

Status
Not open for further replies.

n3obl

Ø
Database Admin
Your thinking of system as a trunked system using many frequency and talkgroups.

What you are monitoring is a single channel in DMR mode instead of Analog. Not sure if Butel supports conventional DMR import,

TongSlinger

Longtime Listener
Premium Subscriber
Does this import to a DMR system or conventional? I had to manually make a new DMR system and then manually populate it to get it to work on my 996P2

kruser

Premium Subscriber
It's conventional DMR channels just like a single frequency analog channel.

Anything for your town or county on the page you linked would go into a conventional list of channels.
There is no "system" about it!
Just like in the ARC-XT Pro screenshot Whiskey3JMC posted.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
It's conventional DMR channels just like a single frequency analog channel.

Anything for your town or county on the page you linked would go into a conventional list of channels.
There is no "system" about it!
Just like in the ARC-XT Pro screenshot Whiskey3JMC posted.
You should program conventional DMR as a One Frequency Trunked system, or you won't be able to program or track timeslots, talkgroups, or radio IDs.

kruser

Premium Subscriber
You should program conventional DMR as a One Frequency Trunked system, or you won't be able to program or track timeslots, talkgroups, or radio IDs.
True.
I was going to add that info after I realized two different groups are using the same frequency but different TGs and timeslots in the OPs county.
I also usually program many of the DMR systems as 1FT systems after I confirm they are using actual talkgroups in the least.
Those programmed as conventional do still grab the RID for logging but you can't program talkgroups to ignore unwanted chatter in conventional mode or select slots to also selectively ignore if desired.
The majority of the conventional DMR channels in use here in my area do not make use of talkgroups or slots for all practical purposes so those are fine as a standard conventional entry.

So yes, these particular set of listings on 155.070 would need to be input manually as a 1FT system if that's what you are after.
As to the OPs question though, these would be imported as conventional entries as I answered. It's up to the user to change them to 1FT if needed.

TongSlinger

Longtime Listener
Premium Subscriber
Please look at the screenshots there are 2 Beckham counties listed. one is conventional the other is DMR. I downloaded the conventional counties, but i couldn't download the DMR freqs. I had to create a DMR system and manually add all the info. It wouldn't let me input the DMR code in conventional system.There are three counties in my listening area and all three are set up the same way. It seems to work, but I'm not sure i'm capturing all the channels in DMR. You can see I'm running 2 instances of ARC-XTPro to control 2 scanners both 996's one XT the other P2

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
First of all, DMR can be conventional as well and that's where you're getting confused.

I'm assuming the first Beckham Co in your screenshot was downloaded by Butel and the second you created as a One Frequency Trunk system?

Beckham appears to be using conventional DMR channels. They are not trunked and would normally be entered as conventional channels with frequency, group, color code and timeslot.

However... Uniden doesn't like to treat these as conventional channels and therefore ignores slot and group information. In the case of 155.070, you would hear both the Sheriff and the Emergency Management on the same channel since the information to distinguish between these groups is discarded by Uniden.

If hearing both agencies on the same channel bothers you or you wish to add unit ID's, you must set up this frequency (155.070) as a One Frequency Trunk (OFT) system. This allows you to enter in group and timeslot info which allows your scanner to distinguish between agencies.

TongSlinger

Longtime Listener
Premium Subscriber
If hearing both agencies on the same channel bothers you or you wish to add unit ID's, you must set up this frequency (155.070) as a One Frequency Trunk (OFT) system. This allows you to enter in group and timeslot info which allows your scanner to distinguish between agencies.
[/QUOTE]
You were correct, the conventional system was downloaded and imported. The 2nd one was created manually from scratch and hand populated. That is what i have done. as far as the .070 frequency, I made 2 entries with each having its own info. I believe i have it set up as a 1 frequency trunk system in conventional format/mode?

Status
Not open for further replies.