SDS100/SDS200: DMR T3 - Does it work?

Mikek

Premium Subscriber
I'm in Las Vegas and trying to monitor the MGM Resorts systems. Sentinel doesn't have the system available, so I tried setting it up manually using the "MotoTRBO Trunk" type.

The scanner will not track the system - it essentially scans all the channels as single-frequency. It does not show any indication of recognizing a DMR system (No DMRT3, or otherwise)

However - Trunking Discovery mode seems to work, and shows the system as DMRT3, and the LCN finder also appears to work.

I have all channels programmed, with the LCN's from the DB. Any ideas why the scanner wont track this system in a normal, scanning mode?

Thanks!

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Let's start by you telling us what model scanner you have.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Yeah I see MGM does not show up in Sentinel's Database... But it's on RR's...
That's because Uniden has not yet added Capacity Max systems to the weekly Sentinel pull, despite being told numerous times that those systems are being ignored.

Mikek

Premium Subscriber
So maybe I need to clarify my ask - Does the SDS100 support tracking of DMR TierIII systems in scan mode? Is there something I haven't don't correctly that I should check?

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
So maybe I need to clarify my ask - Does the SDS100 support tracking of DMR TierIII systems in scan mode? Is there something I haven't don't correctly that I should check?
More specifically, does it correctly track Capacity Max systems, which are not standard Tier 3 but rather Motorola's version of it.

pcbulver

Try using MotoTurbo mode and add the LCN on the second page of the site. ST6-2 MGM Grand (click)
LCN 2161 for 937.0125
so on

seagravebuff60

Feed Provider
If I recall correctly, my SDS100 was doing fine on a Cap Max system that I monitor in Florida. It's a new system, so I programmed it as a Moto TRBO Trunk, then used the LCN finder on it, and it worked fine. But I did it all by hand on the scanner itself.

I recommend using ProScan and not Sentinel if the SDS is being programmed via the computer.

Is this the system?