ARCXT: DMR Tier 3 Sleuthing?

sunwave

Member
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Jan 18, 2023
Messages
439
Reaction score
278
Location
Oklahoma
I was pondering a way to search and find NAC and Color Codes for a local DMR T3 system. I tried programming this system using RRDB data but once scanning resumed after the programming nothing heard. I had to wipe the system off then reprogram as DMR single frequency conventional for each listed frequency for this system. Then I heard traffic on those listed frequencies.

My goal is to be able to "HOLD" on any talk group at a given time. Can't do that whilst the DMR system is programmed as single frequency conventional. I thought maybe ARC XT Pro might be able to assist in some way to find the NAC and Color Code. Scanner is BCD325P2. My knowledge is none on DMR T3. I done this before for a CAP+ system in DSD+FL but the two work differently. I no longer use DSD+FL nor any other computer based trunking software. (I reserve my SDR's for HF reception.)

I have never done this kind of system sleuthing using a DMA scanner before. Unknowns are difficult to sleuth.

I have ARC XT PRO and Basic both paid full versions.
 

Whiskey3JMC

Surfer of the Delaware Valley Airwaves
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Jul 16, 2006
Messages
10,801
Reaction score
9,544
Location
Simulcastylvania, TE
I tried programming this system using RRDB data but once scanning resumed after the programming nothing heard.
Link to said system?

. I thought maybe ARC XT Pro might be able to assist in some way to find the NAC and Color Code.
NAC is only applicable to P25.
 
Last edited:

sunwave

Member
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Jan 18, 2023
Messages
439
Reaction score
278
Location
Oklahoma
You'll need to find a way to determine correct LCNs if you feel the RRDB is inaccurate so the system can be properly tracked. DSD+ Fast Lane will give you the LSNs / channel IDs per frequency & you can then use this LCN calculator to determine the correct LCNs and compare them with what's RRDB listed
I feel the RRDB is inaccurate because I heard nothing when the scanner was programmed as RRDB showed. I heard traffic programmed in conventional single frequency mode. I no longer have the DSD+FL files. Nor my DSD+FL password. I still have the SDR's. Ithought maybe the scanner will display the LCN's.
 

RaleighGuy

Member
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Jul 15, 2014
Messages
17,823
Reaction score
28,465
Location
Raleigh, NC
@sunwave have you tried programming in the frequencies as conventional and see the results you get? Sounds like a good job for an inexpensive SDR dongle and free (or low cost) software.
 

sunwave

Member
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Jan 18, 2023
Messages
439
Reaction score
278
Location
Oklahoma
@sunwave have you tried programming in the frequencies as conventional and see the results you get? Sounds like a good job for an inexpensive SDR dongle and free (or low cost) software.
I really don't want to use those. I felt tied down to the pc listening to traffic. I am guessing try to correct the import with what RRDB showed. ARC XT Pro didn't import them correctly @Butelsoftware.
 

RaleighGuy

Member
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Jul 15, 2014
Messages
17,823
Reaction score
28,465
Location
Raleigh, NC
I really don't want to use those. I felt tied down to the pc listening to traffic.

I usually do not spend time listening to the traffic on the SDR, but I'm using DSD+FL paid version ($10 yr or $25 for life) to decode systems, fine the type of signal, LCNs, NACs, Color Codes, and even OTA aliases. It is a source of a lot of information that helps me to program my scanners and G5 pager.
 

Whiskey3JMC

Surfer of the Delaware Valley Airwaves
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Jul 16, 2006
Messages
10,801
Reaction score
9,544
Location
Simulcastylvania, TE
Last edited:

Whiskey3JMC

Surfer of the Delaware Valley Airwaves
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Jul 16, 2006
Messages
10,801
Reaction score
9,544
Location
Simulcastylvania, TE
I've confirmed the same issue with Arc536 so the issue isn't exclusive only to ArcXT. OP's system indeed shows correctly in Proscan
Same applies to a TIII local to me so issue is not system-specific either
1764173084487.png

Update: I downloaded the latest version of Arc536 (2.7 Build 6 as of this posting) and the LCNs now display correctly. Admittingly I should have done this for my first test as I usually do. I never use it so I was quite a ways behind. @sunwave please ensure you're running the latest version & if that fails there's still Proscan ;)

1764173232731.png
 
Last edited:

sunwave

Member
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Jan 18, 2023
Messages
439
Reaction score
278
Location
Oklahoma
I've confirmed the same issue with Arc536 so the issue isn't exclusive only to ArcXT. OP's system indeed shows correctly in Proscan
Same applies to a TIII local to me so issue is not system-specific either
View attachment 193052

Update: I downloaded the latest version of Arc536 (2.7 Build 6 as of this posting) and the LCNs now display correctly. Admittingly I should have done this for my first test as I usually do. I never use it so I was quite a ways behind. @sunwave please ensure you're running the latest version & if that fails there's still Proscan ;)

View attachment 193053
No update for ARC XT PRO, none at the time I posted this reply.
 
Last edited:

sunwave

Member
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Jan 18, 2023
Messages
439
Reaction score
278
Location
Oklahoma
Manually reprogramming LCN's into the scanner itself worked. I tried it through Butel ARC XT Pro it would just re-enter 1,2,3,4,5. My changes did not stick when I tried editing the LCN's within the software. Only worked once I set the LCN's into the scanner itself.

RRDB listing is fine. Arc XT PRO needs fixing in that regard. DMR sounds good on this scanner.
 

tvengr

Well Known Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2019
Messages
12,134
Reaction score
5,395
Location
Baltimore County, MD
In Radio Reference database:

DMR Tier III Site Frequency Table​

LCNCh IDFrequencyColor Code
415831451.850c1
415832451.850c1
5881177454.01251
5881178454.01251
6121225454.3125c1
6121226454.3125c1
12112423461.8001
12112424461.8001
14132827464.3251
14132828464.3251
 

cg

Member
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Dec 13, 2000
Messages
5,247
Reaction score
1,782
Location
Connecticut
Manually reprogramming LCN's into the scanner itself worked. I tried it through Butel ARC XT Pro it would just re-enter 1,2,3,4,5. My changes did not stick when I tried editing the LCN's within the software. Only worked once I set the LCN's into the scanner itself.

RRDB listing is fine. Arc XT PRO needs fixing in that regard. DMR sounds good on this scanner.
Did the author reply to you when you emailed him with the bug info?
 
Top