DMR

Status
Not open for further replies.

caldoran

I am interested in DMR. I live in Winchester. Are there any repeaters close by ready for DMR? I don't think the Winchester area has any.

W4UVV

DMR non-ham FCC licensed users for Amherst Co./Lynchburg/Frederick Co/Winchester

As of 16 Oct 2016 attached are the DMR and/or additional emission licensed and DMR emission only users for Amherst Co., Lynchburg City, Frederick Co. and Winchester City type emission code extracts from my W4UVV Va. Frequency Directory database. FYI DMR/NXDN/NEXEDGE are the trending modes of emissions operation for a significant number of new or previously licensed users who have modified their licenses to reflect the aforementioned emission modes.

"T" is my directory data field identifier for type of authorized emission(s). Because of the increasing use of mixed emission modes operation, I had to create 19 different emission codes to address the various specific mix of combinations. For DMR only "B" is analog and/or MOTOTRBO. "M" is DMR MOTOTRBO only.

As of the above mentioned date there are 2,377 "B" licensees (analog and/or MOTOTRBO) and 1,999 "M" (MOTOTRBO only) licensees have directory listed so far.

Although most directory file(s) data header fields are self explanatory, attached also are the "T" type emission codes screen captured from the directory user manual.

RR does not support Excel file extensions which required me having to use screen captures of the target files and save as a "jpg", i.e., the "-1", "-2", etc. file sub-extensions. The maximum number of file attachments allowed is "5" per post. I will post the remaining files subsequently on the remaining subject DMR files.

John
W4UVV

Last edited:

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
The FCC lists 31 frequencies licensed consistent with DMR operations in Frederick County, VA.

www.digitalfrequencysearch.com then put in your county/state.

This list would not include frequencies licensed at the state level, national level, or in some bands where such information is not captured.

W4UVV

Max files attached exceeded for this thread but there is another way

Ditto for my area: Lynchburg/Amherst County

RR will not allow my posting of the remaining thread screen captured DMR files as jpgs "DMR Lynchburg-4, DMR Frederick Co.-1 and Winchester City-1 because they exceed the maximum number of file attachments...8 vice 5 files. I also cannot start a new thread to post them.

So, if the original posters or anyone else wishes these DMR file screen captured remaining files, contact me at the email address shown in my RR signature block. I will respond with them as email attachments and if I ever should exceed my ISP's maximum file size attachments, which I will not in this situation, I also have another way to send large numbers and/or size files via the internet.

John
W4UVV

kb4cvn

Silent Key
Nowhere near a paved road, away from the maddening
As of 16 Oct 2016 attached are the DMR and/or additional emission licensed and DMR emission only users for Amherst Co., Lynchburg City, Frederick Co. and Winchester City type emission code extracts from my W4UVV Va.

Thank you John for the info.

CVTC (Central Virginia Training Center) is not closed. Saw a couple of their cops eating lunch earlier today. They are scaling back operations, but not closed yet.

W4UVV

SVTC also never closed

Thank you John for the info.

CVTC (Central Virginia Training Center) is not closed. Saw a couple of their cops eating lunch earlier today. They are scaling back operations, but not closed yet.

----------------

You're welcome Mark. I try to help if I can and keep up with and document in some detail most vhf/uhf frequencies/users of the various radio services. It does take time, which I do have, and to me the rewards of such efforts are worth it. I remember 35+ years ago when accurate frequency/user info was difficult and frustrating to obtain. There were a few hard copy publications such as "USA Confidential Frequencies" which was rarely updated. Police Call was a big improvement but not as inclusive as I wanted. So in 1985 I started documenting what I could from off air monitoring, email correspondence, other sources and later including FCC updates.

FYI we briefly met at a Richmond Frost Fest maybe 25+ years ago when you were working for Ericcson(?) in Lynchburg. I had rented a table and was the only source offering hard copies of various frequency databases, which proved very popular with scanner types and additionally reps from a couple of regional/area two way radio installers/maintainers. I recall you told me you were planning to install a P25 ham repeater for that area. Back then that definitely was being ahead of the times.

I don't track state ham repeaters and APRS digi-repeaters because they are covered in other available area and national internet websites.

Interesting about CVTC. The Southside Va. Training Center (SVTC) Petersburg also never was closed. Its' repeater on 154.3925 mhz., D-023, again is active. Looks like monies were found or diverted to keep them open. Tnx for the update info.

if you want the complete unsegmented MS EXCEL DMR MOTOTRBO file for Lynchburg send me an email.

John
W4UVV

K4APR

Ditto for my area: Lynchburg/Amherst County

We're actively seeking out a site on Apple Orchard to put up a DMRVA repeater to cover the area from east of Roanoke to about Farmville or a little further. We're also seeking out Farmville sites and anything in the Wakefield/Waveryly area.

W4UVV

Apple Orchard to Farmville?

We're actively seeking out a site on Apple Orchard to put up a DMRVA repeater to cover the area from east of Roanoke to about Farmville or a little further. We're also seeking out Farmville sites and anything in the Wakefield/Waveryly area.

--------------

Maybe on 2 meters running a high power (minimally 50 watts) using an omni-directional antenna it might work to Farmville on a 70-80 mile LOS path. My family home is in Bristol and over the years used Rt 460 to Roanoke and then I81. My past mobile two meter/440 mhz. experience using my Kenwood 700 APRS transceiver has shown the desired coverages will be noticeably less. If using a DMR repeater on 440 mhz. or 900 mhz and omni-directional antenna. it most likely will be more of wishful hope than reality.

My philosophy regarding mountaintop repeaters is to recognize that not everyone is at home using a high mounted antenna. Therefore, in my opinion repeater T/R mobile operation should be a high priority for consideration. However, this consideration most of the time is not reality.

Years ago the classic repeater to be emulated was the Buena Vista 147.3300 mhz. located at Buena Vista. When mobile I used to be able to access it in and out beginning in Dinwiddie county and solid by the time I passed Ft. Pickett. Not any more. Over the years subsequent lightning strikes damaged the repeater which only ran 35 watts omni-directional which even then was insufficient ERP for decent range omni-directional coverage to outlying areas east of Farmville. Subsequently, about 6 or 7 years ago on a trip to Bristol on Rt. 460 it probably was Appomattox before I had solid access. I kept thinking I had equipment, cable or antenna problems. By chance I did manage to converse with a repeater club member on that trip who informed me why the repeater coverage basically was awful to the south and southeast. It was sourced to the repeater club members deciding to phase the repeater antenna configuration NE/SW to favor the I81corridor.

John
W4UVV

Status
Not open for further replies.