Do I Need a New Scanner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Susan13

Hi,

I live in Iroqouis County Illinois. I have been using a PRO-82 scanner to listen to my local police and emergency frequencies. It now seems that I don't pick much up. I think they have narrowed the bands. I decided to buy a PRO-106. I've entered the conventional frequencies but I'm not sure how to figure out the narrowed band frequencies. Is it simply adding .0075 to the existing frequency? This does not seem to be picking much up either, but there may not be much going on in the county at the moment.

If all I really want to do is listen to my local police/fire/emergency, do I really need the PRO-106 or is there something I can do to get the PRO-82 to work?

Thanks

Susan

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
Susan, If your only trying to listen to the sheriff and fire for Iroqouis, the freqs listed in the data base should work with either scanner. I don't think you need to alter the freqs. If someone knows differently, speak up. lol The database shows these as fm. You could try setting to nfm which is narrow FM..

Posting in the Illinois forum would yield quicker responses.

155.53500 203.5 PL Iroquois County Sheriff FM
155.77500 203.5 PL Iroquois County Emergency Management FM
154.40000 192.8 PL Iroquois County Fire: Countywide Dispatch FM

Susan13

Thanks. I have had the two scanners on side by side and I seem to pick up more on the digital but there may be a different reason for it. I've also been able to program the state police, so I guess I'll keep the digital. Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.