SDRTrunk Does SDRTrunk have a linux based server option?

S21IL

I have a linux server in a remote location. Wondering if SDRTrunk has a linux based server that I can use to remotely access from a Macbook and decode DMR on.
If not any recommendations on how to set something up that would provide similar experience? My requirements are just to have some sort of a way to change frequencies (preferably through a GUI, a standalone software OR a webUI). If there are any Mac/Windows based clients that do trunking over rtl_tcp streams, that would work too!

jeepsandradios

Feed Provider
Did you go to the site and look ? Shows Windows, Linux and Mac

Minimum System Requirements​

• Operating System: Windows (32 or 64-bit), Linux (32 or 64-bit) or Mac/Linux (64-bit, 10.14 or higher)
  • CPU: 4-core
  • RAM: 8GB or more (preferred). Depending on usage, 4GB may be sufficient.

N1FKO

Premium Subscriber
I have a linux server in a remote location. Wondering if SDRTrunk has a linux based server that I can use to remotely access from a Macbook and decode DMR on.
You would probably want to use sdrtrunk for acquisition and Rdio Scanner for listening.

C_615

If not any recommendations on how to set something up that would provide similar experience? My requirements are just to have some sort of a way to change frequencies (preferably through a GUI, a standalone software OR a webUI). If there are any Mac/Windows based clients that do trunking over rtl_tcp streams, that would work too!
I have been experimenting this week with Thinlinc with my SDRTrunk and Rdio-Scanner setup.

My current setup is 3 mini PCs running Ubuntu. Two are at my home location and both are running SDRTrunk with one of them also running Rdio-Scanner. The third mini PC is 1,000 miles away running another instance of SDRTrunk that is streaming the audio back to my the home PC that is running Rdio-Scanner.

I have successfully used Thinlinc within my remote location WiFi network to connect my laptop to the remote PC. I next need to test connecting my laptop outside of the remote location WiFi network.

My biggest concern is the security aspect of this setup. There is nothing on the remote pc except SDRTrunk, but I don’t understand what risks, if any, this poses to other devices on the remote location’s WiFi network.