does this PSR-500 feature exist?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rvawatch

im on the road right now in new york and while searching for some frequencies, I remembered a really neat feature that the 396t had that helped me out alot on the road. I was trying to figure out a way to do it with the psr-500, but so far no luck. im wondering if anyone knows how to do this:

when in a frequency search mode, such as public safety or a limit search, when I come across a control channel, such as a Moto 3600 Type II Digital, instead of just hearing the rush sound of the CC, how can I listen to the active talkgroups?

I know I could create a new tsys just for that one CC, then create a wildcard TG, then try to figure out what it is, but the first idea is much much more efficient. Sometimes I'm just bored trying to figure out what the dozens of control channels are around me, and I remember with the 396t it was easy as pie with this feature. It was called like "control channel search" or something on there. Perhaps there would be a way to display this on a future firmware updates if not already available. perhaps when you press FUNC + TUNE, it could decode the CC instead of just the raw noise.

Thanks guys and keep scannin!

WayneH

Forums Veteran
Super Moderator
You're thinking of CC Only for search mode with the Uniden. The GRE's don't have anything like that.

mikey60

im on the road right now in new york and while searching for some frequencies, I remembered a really neat feature that the 396t had that helped me out alot on the road. I was trying to figure out a way to do it with the psr-500, but so far no luck. im wondering if anyone knows how to do this:

when in a frequency search mode, such as public safety or a limit search, when I come across a control channel, such as a Moto 3600 Type II Digital, instead of just hearing the rush sound of the CC, how can I listen to the active talkgroups?

I know I could create a new tsys just for that one CC, then create a wildcard TG, then try to figure out what it is, but the first idea is much much more efficient. Sometimes I'm just bored trying to figure out what the dozens of control channels are around me, and I remember with the 396t it was easy as pie with this feature. It was called like "control channel search" or something on there. Perhaps there would be a way to display this on a future firmware updates if not already available. perhaps when you press FUNC + TUNE, it could decode the CC instead of just the raw noise.

Thanks guys and keep scannin!

You can add the system quickly if it's P25 or 800/900mhz Motorola. When you're on the control channel, press Func-Tune, and then press the F3 (Stor) key. This will automatically create the TSYS object, and the WildCard TGRP object for the system. It will add the Wildcard to the default scanlist as defined in the scanner's configuration.

Mike

rvawatch

You can add the system quickly if it's P25 or 800/900mhz Motorola. When you're on the control channel, press Func-Tune, and then press the F3 (Stor) key. This will automatically create the TSYS object, and the WildCard TGRP object for the system. It will add the Wildcard to the default scanlist as defined in the scanner's configuration.

Mike

that sounds like the best option right now.

thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.