Douglas County MotoTRBO

Status
Not open for further replies.

SkiBob

Premium Subscriber
Anyone know the Talkgroup for Fire or they still on LTR?

Sent via LG G2 on Sprint 4G LTE Spark

I'm sure glad I don't have one of those fancy dancy scanners that relies on this database. I noticed the changes today , but uhmm for now just monitor 152.745 for the fire department. You will get everything on the LTR but the dog catcher. This morning I heard the fire department simulcasting on 3 different frequencies.

To the database admin: It's obvious the county is playing frequency roulette. I suggest waiting a few weeks before posting things for DC sheriff and fire.

dstew67

Premium Subscriber
What you posted here does not fit at all with what I personally have experienced with MOTOTRBO, both from the technology standpoint and from the equipment reliability standpoint. Nor does it fit at all with many users of MOTOTRBO systems in our area (ones that we've installed or have 'fixed').

<<CLIPPED>>

John Rayfield, Jr. CETma

John, what happened with the Christian County [edit-Christian County, MO] MOTOTRBO system?

Did you sell, consult or help install that system?

Why did they immediately switch back to their analog system after switching to MOTOTRBO?

I have no dog in this fight, but I've also heard complaints from a users in several states. I haven't spoken to any who were happy with the systems. Of course, this is anecdotal, and doesn't necessarily mean anything.

I didn't speak to anyone at Christian County, but I did hear from the fire chiefs of two neighboring counties who said the system had significant issues, and they both expressed significant concerns with respect to mutual aid.

I'm a journalist. I ask questions. I ask a lot. Ultimately, I decided to not do a story about Christian County's system and the mutual aid concerns other counties expressed, mainly because I didn't have the time to research the story as much as I needed to, to be fair to my viewers. My story was never going to be about MOTOTRBO, but what I heard did cause me to consider changing the focus of my story.

Back to the questions. Can you answer the questions above? Thanks, in advance.

K4SVT

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Alright got the capacity plus system in...but no audio..i hear and see key ups..my guess...EDP

K4SVT

Banned
Anyone?

K4SVT

Banned
Its not really hacking just put the information that was given..it works just no audio..

KD4YGG

Database Admin
DSD+ is showing four (4) total frequencies. The two listed in the database and two (as yet) undetermined. No luck yet during VHF frequency searches.

SkiBob

Premium Subscriber
Merry Christmas everyone. So the past few days I have been learning how to use SDR# and DSD+ to decode this mess. I have got as far as hearing garble, which for me is huge progress. Has anyone been able to successfully monitor this agency to make certain it's not encrypted?

badeffect10

Merry Christmas everyone. So the past few days I have been learning how to use SDR# and DSD+ to decode this mess. I have got as far as hearing garble, which for me is huge progress. Has anyone been able to successfully monitor this agency to make certain it's not encrypted?

Have you had any luck monitoring DCSO?

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
Post a sample of the audio (hit R in DSD+ and let it record a few minutes of voice). Then we hould be able to tell you whats going on.

K4SVT

Banned
No i live in Florida now...that was a year ago..

Sent from my LGMS631 using Tapatalk

K4SVT

Banned
But its all encrypted...from what i have heard..

Sent from my LGMS631 using Tapatalk

Premium Subscriber
UPDATE: most of the DCSO fleet have been changed out with TRBO portables/mobiles. Saw a deputy this afternoon on Thornton Rd/Maxham at the QT. He had an XPR7550 with a high tier noise cancelling RSM. Did not get to chat with him.

So it appears they are well on their way to moving to MotoTRBO, at least their fleet has been migrated. Being that they had XTL5000s and quite a bit of P25 conventional gear (seen everything from XTS5000s, XTS15000s to analog only HT1000s in use) and are replacing ALL the subscriber hardware, it's only a matter of time.

I really would like more info on their new system. Maybe it's still in the final planning stages. As far as the people who are saying TRBO won't cut it in a public safety environment, ask Paulding county, Polk county and Jackson county how like their UHF TRBO systems respectively. Paulding used to struggle with a simulcast single channel repeater that barely had portable coverage on the street doing the "statue of liberty". Go listen to their stream and tell me how they sound now.

White county is a different animal, it's all mountainous, and any radio system in challenging terrain will have coverage problems if not enough TX/RX sites are in places where they are needed. P25 would be no different if there was inadequate infrastructure in place, or NXDN, or TETRA or two cups and a string for that matter.:D

I think alot of the "hatorade" about TRBO on these forums comes from the fact that no turdy crap scanner can receive TRBO/DMR out of the box. So what. When they go P25 they encrypt anyway thanks to all the big mouths and streaming so why not have LESS of YOUR and MY tax money spent and our public safety actually get what WE pay for?

I can answer on the Jackson system, after working a few bugs out and adding a 9th site it works fairly steady. Simulcasting fire dispatch for paging keeps people in the loop enough that complaints have been far and few between.
Anytime you go from analog to digital it takes time to get used to it, but to date Jackson county got a great bang for the buck and a very usable system in return. I think the big issue in GA is counties that do all this on the QT and try to sneak it in ... Most of them don't put in a enough sites or $ and then have a mess which comes back to bite them( see Barrow county)

Status
Not open for further replies.