Downloading into Uniden Scanner

Status
Not open for further replies.

a1lock

I purchased a used scanner (Trunk Tracker III) the model has 260 in it. I do not know how to get my local frequencies installed in it. Any help would be apprciated. I do have it plugged into my computer.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Be more specific - make (it sounds like a Uniden, but this could be an older RS model) and model number. It's most important to make sure we recommend the right app for the right radio.

You're already a premium subscriber -- you just need the right app 73 Mike

al95

Be more specific - make (it sounds like a Uniden, but this could be an older RS model) and model number. It's most important to make sure we recommend the right app for the right radio.

You're already a premium subscriber -- you just need the right app 73 Mike

Radioshack almost always has a Pro-then the #. I did some google search it comes out to be a Bearcat BC-260. Here is the link specs

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
There's no app I know of for loading frequencies into this, if this is a BC260. The only other thing I can think of would be to search for a user manual. I've never even heard of this radio, but there it is, in Al's listing.

73 Mike

mciupa

Canadian Database Admin
His other post (in posting history) indicates the scanner to be a BC246T using ARC246 software.

a1lock

You are correct on the scanner being a BC246T. I think that I may now have something downloaded into it. I am waiting for traffic on the channels to verify this.

Status
Not open for further replies.