DPD Call Signs

Status
Not open for further replies.

dwilde94

Hey,

I've been listening to the DPD scanner, and I can't quite get the callsigns. I know the first digit is the district, not sure what the other digits are. And I don't know what the letter at the end means either. Could anybody explain the different callsigns? Thanks.

dwilde94

So this is what I'm finding out so far:

The first digit indicates district.
1xx: District 1, etc...
7xx: Traffic
8xx: Special Assignment?
9xx: DIA PD

The second digit indicates sector.
11x: D1 Sector 1
10x: D1 Admin
16x: D1 Sector 1 Power Shift (2 man car)

The third digit indicates precinct/car number.
111: D1 Sector 1 Precinct 1
110: D1 Sector 1 Sergeant
100: D1 Lieutenant? Not sure if that's correct or not.

I can't figure out what the letter at the end is though.
I hear A and B alot. Sometimes C. (IE: 111A or 161B)

Can anybody shed some light for me? Correct me if im wrong about any of the above. I put it together just by what I've seen. I checked alot of sites, but none of them say anything about the letter at the end. I would say its a shift designator but I hear A and B at the same time. I rarely hear C.

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
Excellent information on Curt's Denver Radio web site;

7-14 Denver Police have redrawn their district and precinct boundaries, and revised their callsign structure. A map of the new district and precinct boundaries is available here.

The city has six districts, (plus DIA), each with its own district station, and each district has multiple precincts, each of which is covered by several patrol cars. Prior to this revision, each precinct would normally have just one car. Of course, this does not increase the number of officers/cars, just their distribution.

Along with the revised boundaries is a new structure for radio callsigns. In general:
The first digit of a police callsign indicates the district the unit is assigned to.
The second digit indicates both the sector in the district, and the shift the officer is working.
The third digit completes the callsign. This complete callsign designates the precinct.

Denver Radio - Scanner News

Jim<

dwilde94

My questions are how does the second number designate shift also? And what does the letter at the end mean?

dwilde94

So this is what I'm finding out so far:

The first digit indicates district.
1xx: District 1, etc...
7xx: Traffic
8xx: Special Assignment?
9xx: DIA PD

The second digit indicates sector.
11x: D1 Sector 1
10x: D1 Admin
16x: D1 Sector 1 Power Shift (2 man car)

The third digit indicates precinct/car number.
111: D1 Sector 1 Precinct 1
110: D1 Sector 1 Sergeant
100: D1 Lieutenant? Not sure if that's correct or not.

I can't figure out what the letter at the end is though.
I hear A and B alot. Sometimes C. (IE: 111A or 161B)

Can anybody shed some light for me? Correct me if im wrong about any of the above. I put it together just by what I've seen. I checked alot of sites, but none of them say anything about the letter at the end. I would say its a shift designator but I hear A and B at the same time. I rarely hear C.

I actually think the 2nd digit refers to the squad/team. Like the officers that work day shift in the beginning of the week is squad 1, night shift squad 2 etc... Not sure, but that's the only thing that makes since to me now.

Status
Not open for further replies.