dpl

Status
Not open for further replies.

nmg625

Premium Subscriber
Hi all im trying to access this frequency 460-46350 and the DPL is 167.9 any idea what I should do???

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
Hi all im trying to access this frequency 460-46350 and the DPL is 167.9 any idea what I should do???

Doubt it is 460.4635, perhaps 460.4625, with CTCSS of 167.9. Are you trying to program it into your scanner? If so, what scanner? If not, please tell us what you are trying to do?

KevinC

Big Dog...celebrating 10 years of abuse!
Super Moderator
but im a firefighter though

All the more reason to want it done correctly. If my life depended on a piece of equipment I wouldn't depend on advice from a hobby website to ensure it functioned properly....but that's just me. And they are the one licensed for this frequency so you really need to involve them.

n1das

Then you need to contact the New Rochelle FD and ask them for assistance.

What KevinC said.

You are also required by FCC rules to use Part 90 certified equipment. A Baofeng UV-5R is not legal for such use, even if you happen to be the licensee for the frequency.

a417

U+0000
Contacting the system administrator for your department is the correct way to approach this.

SurgePGH

Premium Subscriber
and due to covid, I don't feel comfortable using one of their radios so I bought my own (baofeng UV-5R

Have the radio sanitized and used department approved equipment. You radio is illegal to use for these purpose. you are asking for trouble by attempting this. Time for a mod to lock this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.